More help needed!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonydix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Bocas del Toro, Panama
I am trying to align my motorised c band dish . To move the dish I am using an old Legacy II receiver with no decoder. This afternoon we got a very snowy picture of Horse Racing from we think Quatar with some signage in French ! The Legacy tells us this was found on Channel 22. What does this mean in terms of frequency. How can I convert this to a transponer and frequecy and thus discover via Lyngsat what satellite I am looking at ?

Thanks for any help

Tony

For analog C band the channel is the transponder. You could try to guess what satellite and search Lyngsat on TP 22, but if it was a wild feed it most likely won't be listed.

Good luck and have fun.

When scannin the skies for signal with an analogue reciever what might you expect to see on a TV screen as you pick up a digital signal. Will anything change eg signal strength or quality or will the analogue receiver remain completely unaware that there was a digital signal there ?
Thanks guys for all this help
Tony

i have seen what appears for the snow to get darker when you are on a strong digital transponder. you won't see anything but my orb receiver seems to get darker snow on strong digital tp's ....or it's my imagination. I am not sure.

1) what is your goal ?
was the dish where it is when you came upon it ?
if so it is aligned most likely if no one missed with it.
it may need tweaked for digital but maybe not.
i'm using a 10 footer that was set up 20 years ago and all i did was put a new motor on it.
try the clear analog stations some on 99 and 133 to check it.
good luck

Thanks for this I am going hunting for Shepherds Chapel on 99. I am hoping that it transmits 24/7
Many Thanks
Tony

Tony, I think Shepherds Chapel is indeed 24/7 on tp 16. Also, I believe Disney-ABC has colors bars up 24/7 on tp 17.

And this morning there is a black screen on tp 18 and some color bars (for an upcoming feed I think) on tp 23, all of these are on 99W C-band.

Thanks guys for all the help. Today I found 97 Galaxy19 with BYU ministries etc and also 101 AMC4 with Golen Eagle Broadcasting. Both came through with solid pictures and good sound with signal strength on the Coolsat at 90/91 %.
I am so pleased that after all this effort I have something to show for it. It is in no small measure thanks to the efforts of all you guys who have helped with advice over the past months.
Tommorow I will be off hunting for Galaxy 16 so I can pick up the networks.We are not very interested in religious broadcasting but thanks to them I was able to identify the satellite I was looking at.
MANY MANY THANKS TO ALL YOU GUYS i OWE YOU ALL A BEER
Best wishes
Tony

nice going Tony
list the equipment you have in your signature it will make it easier for us to help you knowing what you have.

user CP
edit signature

good luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)