More info on NFL RedZone on Dish

DirecTVs RZC is different in the coverage. I just watched an exciting finish to the Denver game on DirecTV's RZC that the NFL RZC missed.

Not only is it an awesome product, I haven't seen one commercial all day. NFL network did their homework on this one and it's going to be a very big hit in my book. If your favorite team isn't playing, just tune into red zone and it's all you need for the afternoon. I actually changed back and forth from Dallas game to red zone till the Dallas game was out of reach. Also, been perfect HD the entire time.

Not true. I saw the Denver tip-play on the NFL RZC on Dish. And no, it wasn't a replay.
According to another poster it was not being shown on Dish and was on Direct (Dish showed it a few seconds later). Technically it is not Dish it is the NFL (same channel is on more than one provider).

And according to another site the main difference is the NFL RZC is mainly RZ only (the Denver play was not a RZ play).

I am just going by what others are saying. They could be wrong.

I would like to see a side by side comparison to see if there really is a significant difference

And according to another site the main difference is the NFL RZC is mainly RZ only (the Denver play was not a RZ play)

That's not accurate either. They were showing pieces of games that weren't even close to the RZ. That was the wonderful surprise about this channel.

The Denver game was not a RZ play, yet NFL RZC DID show the play because it was the end of the game. The whole red zone only thing is bunk. They are showing anything and everything.....and it's fantastic.

The Denver game was not a RZ play, yet NFL RZC DID show the play because it was the end of the game. The whole red zone only thing is bunk. They are showing anything and everything.
Again, others on other site that have both said the NFL RZC showed this play after it already happened (a few seconds later). The only way to know it was replayed is if you had both.

I am only reporting what others have said. They could be wrong

I had no intension of subscribing to the $5.99 multi-sports package to get this channel.. but by 2PM or so, after reading people's reactions and descriptions of the channel, I decided to get it. I'll cancel the package after week 17.

It is better than I thought it was going to be. Plenty of live action, and it's not just red zone plays. Not just full of highlights when outside the red zone, although there still is highlights for some plays. No commercials is very nice, too.

My only complaint is the ridiculous bug on the HD feed. There is a whole section of wasted space between "RZ LIVE" and "HD".

I've been running PIP (side-by-side) on my 622. OTA on one side, NFLRZ on the other. Works out quite nice. Because of the delay between live OTA and satellite feeds, I was able to see the ending to the Denver game twice. :(

There was a delay on some of the plays they showed. But as said before, it wasn't noticeable unless you compared the feeds side by side (Red Zone and the FOX/CBS feed). It was just fine for me, since I got to see games I didn't have access to :).

so did the Turbo subs get this channel in HD if they had Multi-sport? I upped to Classic Gold from Turbo Gold to make sure i got this channel but i will switch back if Red Zone is included with Turbo

I had no intension of subscribing to the $5.99 multi-sports package to get this channel.. but by 2PM or so, after reading people's reactions and descriptions of the channel, I decided to get it. I'll cancel the package after week 17.

I don't have the 5.99 pack and it was in the clear in SD for me today (HD Abs) was that unique to my situation, or is it open for this weekend?

RedZone is perfect for some fans, and perhaps it's everything they need. However, for many it is not a replacement for ST. Personally, I would love to see a one-team subscription package. I am a glutten for punishment and would love to follow the Lions, but I certainly don't need a D* and ST subscription, and I don't need a dozen out of market games that I don't the time or desire to watch.

I Think Redzone helps out a bit more when you only have one game availabe, and it gives you a chance to check out what else is going on

How do you know? Others that have both said the NFL RZC showed it afterwords, but it was only a few seconds so most would not be able to tell that it wasn't live.

Serious dude,
Why are you in a Dish Network forum, in the thread about the NFL Redzone channel stirring trouble. It is something different, but to come over to say it's not the same is feed's is bogus. Until you have concrete proof that one friggrin play wasn't shown live then you should retire from the thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)