More National HD Channels… ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I agree that DirecTV should add a couple of channels in the next couple of weeks. Since 2007, multiple movie channels and other HD were offrered, but not delivered.

Directv 12 How Will We Know

Stone Cold just posted a small list of HD channels that Directv will be launching in the forum with the above title.

and as i just posted in that thread, directv has had about 14 test channels in place for almost a month. speculation has been after the nfl season and with a sucessful launch of dtv 12, dtv would add hd before dtv 12 is turned on.

have to read the dtv threads at dbstalk to understand what i just posted.

with the recent december additions, the cable company where i live now has 103 national hd channels including all the hbo's, espnu, travel, bbc america, msnbc, wgn america and amc. i added it in september. and depending on what directv adds in april or may, i may keep cable permanently.

Gotta love all you guy's that are STILL hung up on the NUMBER of channels in HD :rolleyes:

I could care less ..... IF the channels I watch are in HD, thats all I care about , I could care less if D* has 55 HD Channels and the cable company has 179 HD, what good are the 179 if you only watch 29 of them.
Everyones list of channels they watch are different, that I understand, if the channels YOU watch are in HD then why the worry about if so and so has this or that channel in HD and D* doesn't.

Granted they should add the movie channels that many others have in HD and the fact that Cinemax only has 3 channels on D* is dumb, but other than that .....

I don't remember the last time I watched a channel of something I wanted to watch and it was NOT in HD, unless it was a sporting event on a PLUS channel, actually WGN for the Cubs comes to mind too, but it's very rare to find a channel that I watch thats not in HD

and as i just posted in that thread, directv has had about 14 test channels in place for almost a month. speculation has been after the nfl season and with a sucessful launch of dtv 12, dtv would add hd before dtv 12 is turned on.

have to read the dtv threads at dbstalk to understand what i just posted.

Why do we need to go elsewhere ?

Why do we need to go elsewhere ?

Because when it comes to tracking channel/transponder changes for DirecTV satellites DBSTalk blows this site away IHMO. Also take a look at the D12 tracking thread there, keeps up to date info on the progress of making it to the IOT slot with comparisons against the prior Ka satellite launches. Show me where the same info is posted here and I might change my opinion.

1000 subscribers lowering their DIRECTV monthly fee out of the 8 million total subscribers probably doesn't scare them. :)

I'm going to call in next week to drop HBO/SKINMAX and add the STARZ channels.
I'm glad I heard about the 2-for-1 STARZ/SHOWTIME deal.
HBO/SKINMAX can be had 2 for 1 also!!

Show me where the same info is posted here and I might change my opinion.
You won't find it. Just like hardly a peep about anything at CES from D*, When clearly they were there with a new receiver. And you think I'm a D* basher, it seems Satellite Guys anymore just looks the other way when D* has something good. But when D* has a Problem, then there is all sorts of News.
D12 launching didn't even have a front page headline untill I posted a complaint. Lets Get it together here :(

You won't find it. Just like hardly a peep about anything at CES from D*, When clearly they were there with a new receiver. And you think I'm a D* basher, it seems Satellite Guys anymore just looks the other way when D* has something good. But when D* has a Problem, then there is all sorts of News.
D12 launching didn't even have a front page headline untill I posted a complaint. Lets Get it together here :(

I've been around here for a fairly long time now. As both a D* and E* subscriber. SatGuys is much more interesting for E* subs. Lots of constant news, rumors, and updates. I looked forward to checking in every day there.

As a D* sub, I find this forum pretty bland. And not because of comparison with DBSTalk, because I almost never visit that board (I think it has been 6 to 8 months since I even logged in over there). My opinion is that DBSTalk is simply the place to be for D* news - they are the dance club, the hot spot. This place is more like a neighborhood bar, where occasionally someone from the hot spot comes in to share some news.

Because when it comes to tracking channel/transponder changes for DirecTV satellites DBSTalk blows this site away IHMO. Also take a look at the D12 tracking thread there, keeps up to date info on the progress of making it to the IOT slot with comparisons against the prior Ka satellite launches. Show me where the same info is posted here and I might change my opinion.

Actually that use to be done here as well, (keeping track of the sat progress) but I guess no one is doing it this time. :(

Did D* have a booth, wouldn't you think they would if they were going to show thier OWN stuff ?

I've been around here for a fairly long time now. As both a D* and E* subscriber. SatGuys is much more interesting for E* subs. Lots of constant news, rumors, and updates. I looked forward to checking in every day there.

As a D* sub, I find this forum pretty bland. And not because of comparison with DBSTalk, because I almost never visit that board (I think it has been 6 to 8 months since I even logged in over there). My opinion is that DBSTalk is simply the place to be for D* news - they are the dance club, the hot spot. This place is more like a neighborhood bar, where occasionally someone from the hot spot comes in to share some news.

Only problem is , if you post something they don't like, your gone.
They have WAY to many SUB catagories, a thread for every little thing, so many I usually can't find what I'm looking for.

Last time I went over there I could not get in, even though I was signed up.

i also called and asked and they read me the same list.

also, when they tried to get me to add HBO i told them the big problem with HBO is thet they want the same money as everyone else but they do not offer it on demand.

the rep. stated that HBO on demand would be available in the spring.

I find dbstalk has alot people who think Directv can do no wrong. This board "keeps it real" so to speak.

he has a very valid point and the reason i go to that website for my dtv info.

Satellite Guys, Not Echostar guys.

Only problem is , if you post something they don't like, your gone.
They have WAY to many SUB catagories, a thread for every little thing, so many I usually can't find what I'm looking for.

Last time I went over there I could not get in, even though I was signed up.
Exactly the reason I perfer Satellite Guys, I don't support DBS talk, I support Satelliteguys .
But I also like to Hear D* news and Updates as well. After all there is a Forum for D* customers, But it seems lately all thats ever in it is negative stuff , even when there is GOOD breaking news.

If you don't have the connections D* , Then Hire or nominate somone who does. Out of 150,000 people , not 1 member has a D* connection to bring News and Info as it happens?

I get Emails and Updates Daily and weekly about News and info from D* that Never even make this site.

I'll admit I gave Stonecold some crap at first, but I can tell you if he wasn't here, most likly we would be in the dark.
It Never was like this. And it shouldn't start.
You all think I'm just busting balls and trying to start crap, I'm not!:cool:
Lets Get this D* section improved.
Stonecold is Great for billing and pricing, But what about the rest?
Does anyone even talk about CE releases anymore?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)