More National HD Channels… ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I find dbstalk has alot people who think Directv can do no wrong. This board "keeps it real" so to speak.
I agree with you all about DBS Talk. But there is still the most up to date News on BOTH providers.

We Need to Fix this.
E* is Far from superior
D* is Far from Superior as well.
But if I have to hear another full page article on a 922 again , I'm going to go Nuts.
Yes Great it has a Sling box build in. Sorry , When I'm at work I don't need to watch TV on my laptop. I'm supposed to be working!;)
Its Also a larger fee per month then Any DVR in D* or E* history. And Still does 1 room HD .
Sorry But this time around I have to give the edge to D* if they are in the process of making a Real home DVR system. 1 box 4-8 rooms HD and a Real DVR. Not 2 rooms Sharing 2 tuners.

Problem is they keep calling it an HR24 and idiot talk.com, is too clueless to correct themselves.

I dont know why i go over there to read anything it just annoys the he hell out of me.

he has a very valid point and the reason i go to that website for my dtv info.

I used to check in here every day when I had Dish but when I switched to Direct I found there really wasn't anyone talking about it. I used to get all kinds of news about Dish but this isn't really the place for news on Direct. I also go to DBS for updates now although I did prefer SatGuys.

Would love to see more discussion of Direct programming and services not just install questions....

I used to check in here every day when I had Dish but when I switched to Direct I found there really wasn't anyone talking about it. I used to get all kinds of news about Dish but this isn't really the place for news on Direct. I also go to DBS for updates now although I did prefer SatGuys.

Would love to see more discussion of Direct programming and services not just install questions....
Agree.

Only problem is , if you post something they don't like, your gone.

Yes, despite SatGuys not being all that informative about things D*, I don't frequent DBSTALK for exactly the reason you cite. They are terrible on censorship. I'm a very free-speech kinda guy and I just don't like supporting boards who are so into censorship. Of all of the forums I have ever frequented, they are the worst.

I'm not saying this because they have offended me. I've never been personally censored by them. But I object to what I've seen them do to others.

In mild defense of this board, the D* world has been quiet for a long time. Echostar is always up to something, legal battles, new gear, new sats, new packages, crazy Charlie Chats, etc. Usually something to talk about. DirecTV is more static and has held things very close to the vest for a while now.

I will definately be looking for AMC HD before Mad Men starts in the fall. One way or another I'll be wanting it.

I want RFD HD as well. Honestly those are about the only 2 I care about that we don't have. I would probably get a movie channel or two back if they had all the HD feeds but AMC HD is my biggest complaint right now.

I hate watching Mad Men in SD

We watch AMC a lot for movies as well.

I just hope D12 isn't the bust of D11. Waited and Waited and didn't get squat. National Sports Channels.

I wanted a couple extra DVR's installed in our workout room and spare bedroom. I am waiting because I assume they'll try to lock me in for 2 more year. I don't want to do that until I see what new HD we get from D12

I figure if they're going to do any good additions we'll see something by July. If not I'll probably start shopping for someone with what I have now plus RFD HD and AMC HD.

A friend of mine has Comcast here in Indiana I must say they have greatly improved HD quality since the last time I saw a Comcast picture. We were over there a couple weeks ago and I was quite impressed.

Two years ago I would have never considered them but today they might have a shot. I need to ask him what HD channels they have.

I just hope D12 isn't the bust of D11. Waited and Waited and didn't get squat. National Sports Channels.

I wanted a couple extra DVR's installed in our workout room and spare bedroom. I am waiting because I assume they'll try to lock me in for 2 more year. I don't want to do that until I see what new HD we get from D12
I'm in the same boat as you. I need another receiver but refuse to get myself locked into another commitment with them just to find out D12 turns out to be broadcasting mostly HD PPVs. I'm giving them until the summer to make good on the many missing HD channels I want before I jump ship to FiOS.

I'm in the same boat as you. I need another receiver but refuse to get myself locked into another commitment with them just to find out D12 turns out to be broadcasting mostly HD PPVs.

I'm sure that's their plan, launch a new satellite, then use it to broadcast mostly HD PPVs.

While D11 did add a bunch of RSN's and PPV's that share time with subsciption sports packages or NASCAR HotPass or other special sporting events like The Masters and Australian Open, D11 did add:

- MPEG4 versions of HBO, Showtime, ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, Discovery HD Theater, HD Net, HDNet Movies (8 channels)
- MPEG4 versions of the distant network channels (8 channels)
- Planet Green
- ABC Family
- Showtime 3
- Showtime Extra
- C&I
- MLB Network
- Golf Network
- Comedy Central
- BET
- Fox News

So while DirecTV 11 didn't add what you wanted it did add a lot of HD channels to DirecTV's offerings.

I am hoping that there are some impressive HD additions, even if it is only 10-15 HD channels and that will keep me, but if it is only 3 or 4 (with two of them being HSN and QVC) then I might have to start shopping...

But when you start shopping which one will you use? HSN or QVC?

Just kidding... LOL

While D11 did add a bunch of RSN's and PPV's that share time with subsciption sports packages or NASCAR HotPass or other special sporting events like The Masters and Australian Open, D11 did add:

- MPEG4 versions of HBO, Showtime, ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, Discovery HD Theater, HD Net, HDNet Movies (8 channels)
- Planet Green
- ABC Family
- Showtime 3
- Showtime Extra
- C&I
- MLB Network
- Golf Network
- Comedy Central
- BET
- Fox News

So while DirecTV 11 didn't add what you wanted it did add a lot of HD channels to DirecTV's offerings.

I stand corrected on everything except for me D11 was big bust. So out of all that Hype, I got the following that my family watches.

Fox News (which I thought was launched right before D11)
Comedy Central
ABC Family
C&I (Very Rarely)

4 Channels out of all that hype.

I just hope D12 is better.

I'm in the same boat as you. I need another receiver but refuse to get myself locked into another commitment with them just to find out D12 turns out to be broadcasting mostly HD PPVs. I'm giving them until the summer to make good on the many missing HD channels I want before I jump ship to FiOS.

I'm also considering my options, but will wait until D12 is live.

I'm sure that's their plan, launch a new satellite, then use it to broadcast mostly HD PPVs.

Did you mean to put a :rolleyes: after your post, or do you think D12 will be mostly hd ppv?

- Planet Green
- ABC Family
- Showtime 3
- Showtime Extra
- C&I
- MLB Network
- Golf Network
- Comedy Central
- BET
- Fox News

Don't forget that D11 added a lot of local hd channels. That may not have benefited you, but many got locals in hd they didn't have before.

Even though this thread is more than a month in age, I say "Thanks!" to the respondents.

I'm wanting DirecTV, which once again is doing their annual subscription price increases, to deliver us national HD channels. When I see what some of the competition offers … I cannot excuse DirecTV for not yet bringing in AMC HD, TCM HD, WGN America HD, MSNBC HD, and Encore HD (to name five, among many others).

Again, I thank you all!

:)

Even though this thread is more than a month in age, I say "Thanks!" to the respondents.

I'm wanting DirecTV, which once again is doing their annual subscription price increases, to deliver us national HD channels. When I see what some of the competition offers … I cannot excuse DirecTV for not yet bringing in AMC HD, TCM HD, WGN America HD, MSNBC HD, and Encore HD (to name five, among many others).

Again, I thank you all!

:)

just wait a few months when dtv12 is turned on. reliable sources say we won't be disappointed. i also have cable and my cable company is adding 8 new channels next month.

I bet the "cheap" channels will come first, like QVC and others that probably will pay Directv or be at least free. What I want is "quality" instead of "quantity" : Travel,AMC,all the HBOs,Encore,IFC,Sundance. Based on the last HD channels added, I'm not very optimistic . Directv's priority is certainly not most people's priority.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts