More proof of NPS lies.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
From Satforums , more proof about NPS and the 4DTV not shutting down.

(Follow Up)

There is no letter, that is the email in full. I had ask my friend at Motorola to check with the ACC about NPS' story, his contact in the ACC says NPS is lying. Not a surprise to many of us on the forum, that have been around to see their previous lies.

(Original Post)

"For sure there's no plan to stop 4DTV in April. I think that's is 100% safe to share as "my sources" say there's no planed date to shut down 4DTV (I'm not saying it won't happen some day, just that there's no date chosen - as long as there's "enough" programers and subscribers it will be around)."

Thanx for the update found out that NPS is who i sub to ( i use RPS satellite) and they have two providers that i can choose from my sub is up on March 20th so i will be switching providers,as NPS does not deserve any more of my money.

I came home Saturday to find a missed call from All American Direct (NPS) on my caller ID. A call I look forward to receiving. :rant:

Apparently, they're going out of their way to spread the lies. I have been using SRL for 2 years and one package with the Skyvision side of the business.

NPS hasn't called me yet, they better watch out if they do :mad:, they won't want to talk to me long. :D

I dropped Nps a while back when they double charged my credit card. It literally took us hours on the phone and 3 business days to get the wrong additional charge removed! That was it for me. I went to srl and so far so good.

I'm with SRL and I have been happy, I understand that they don't have all the channels that NPS offered but so far no lies from them, and their prices are fair, and I get the packages that I want so it is as close as al a cart as I think I can get.
For NPS their uplink fee on top of the giant packages they sell turned me away from them a few years ago.
Terry

All I want is the news channels. CNN, Fox, Headline, And MSNBC.... I can't find anyone else that has those or I would switch in a New York minute. Guess I will just have to ride out this crap till it's over then hopefully somebody else will carry those.

I still have a couple of subs with one of the NPS resellers. Unfortunately one of them is the old 101 package with Fox News that runs out in June and they won't renew. My main programming is with SRL and they simply say that so far no cigar on picking them up and that its doubtful in the future.

SD

Here is a thought. In the beginning things were there for the taking. Then HBO decided to scramble. What would the odds be that things revert back to the old days? It is not like everyone sells big dishes any more so those popping up all over the place again is kind of a moot point. And to me scrambling would be a hassle for blocking the remaining few. Also if Motorola gives up the support of the 4DTV receiver, wouldn't that allow us to play with them? For example there was a program called 4play that would get you channels that Motorola did not have in there channel maps. The main question is if they are out of the business of authorizing the receivers, how could it be damaging to them if one of us users reactivated them to a certian degree? There for no laws being broke by modding/authorizing them as there are no monetary damages to a company that is done with them. At least to get the free stuff any ways like American Life network. Just something to ponder. I don't have those kind of skills, but I am sure some people do. Have a great day! :)

4Play allowed you to write your own channel maps but they would get written over every time you went to a channel that the maps were sent on. If the consumer maps stopped it could work. It's possible someone tinkering with the code could make our doorstop 4D receivers more friendly as a hobby receiver. I don't know if you would be breaking any laws though since the same code was still in use for commercial receivers and reverse engineering legally would be a no-no. Would it happen behind closed doors on a small scale, very possible.

I just hope there's no way they can kill the generic maps in our receivers after the last day. I'll be suing somebody if that ever happened.

I hear you, actually what will probably go down will be they will just stop sending any data like they did for VC-2 so as long as you don't do a master reset you'll be okay. Now if you did a MR I think your screwed.

More the reason we really need to round up guys up to the task to add some improvements like 4Play was so we can use our receivers for more than a fancy dish mover after the fact.

I was thinking along the lines of modding the software for different symbol rates, being able to download info to your computer and save it so you could do a master reset and get things back. Also was wondering about the clock and being able to reset that if needed. As far as the code goes, if they are not supporting it, then they are not damaged with someone playing around. In this country, (USA), one has to have a monetary loss in order to have a case for any damages. So I am thinking that Motorola is opening a loophole by dropping the 4D support. A manufacturer can't claim lost sales revenue if they are not selling a product and creating revenue that they could claim as "lost". Again, just something to consider as this plays out. Have a great day!

Last edited:
First of all stop talking about hacking in here because it's not allowed.
You can all get banned if the mod sees this.
But I'm wondering like this map thing if you unplug the receiver you will lose your map also or not.
I didn't have a power outage here yet so I don't know but if it can hold the map after a power outage that means we can still keep receiving zk and fk with our receivers.
And never think that hacking can even become legal somehow did you see what happened to coolsat?
If Motorola drops support Dishnet and Directv are gonna watch us very closely so I suggest don't even go there.

Let me add that changing the channel maps from an external source, not authorized by Motorola, is a clear violation of the DMCA. Its best left for private discussions.

First of all stop talking about hacking in here because it's not allowed.
You can all get banned if the mod sees this.
But I'm wondering like this map thing if you unplug the receiver you will lose your map also or not.
I didn't have a power outage here yet so I don't know but if it can hold the map after a power outage that means we can still keep receiving zk and fk with our receivers.
And never think that hacking can even become legal somehow did you see what happened to coolsat?
If Motorola drops support Dishnet and Directv are gonna watch us very closely so I suggest don't even go there.

So then using a program like 4play is against the law? I never thought that because it does not allow you to view something that is encrypted. I am not talking about trying to get anything that is encrypted. I simply want to get the free stuff that is up there like American Life network. I don't understand. If Moto quits supporting, then what law am I breaking wanting to get the true FTA? I see nothing wrong with continued use of a receiver that I own as long as I do not go for trying to unscramble an encrypted frequency. If there is a free signal there that uses digicipher like the American Life network, Bloomberg, and a few others, where does moto get off dropping support and telling me too bad? If that channel is free it is a choice of the network, not motorolas and I will do what I can to watch it if I can do so legally. Now do you people understand what I am trying to say? If you want to ban me for simply using equipment for legit FTA, Then lets get it over with and I'll be on my way. Moto don't need to give a guide or even tell me what is what. But I should be able to use the receiver for what it was intended for regardless of what Motorola does. And if I have to do a master reset for whatever reason, I should be able to use a program like 4play to get it back if Motorola will not.

ALN is in "U" Universal mode (you need an authorized sub to receive) so this is a grey area if we should receive that or not. Channels in FP or ZK though are for the taking like any DVB signal we can get. I don't believe that using a program like 4Play is against any laws. If it was Motorola would have gone after it when it was created many years ago. A commercial DC-2 will also get the FP & ZK stuff and will map the mux itself. If receiving ITC stuff is breaking a law that's all new to me. Maybe the pizza clowns would like that to become a law but that's the only ones.

Once the DC-2 consumer data stream is killed. We should have the right to tinker with our receivers to get channel maps to extend it's usefulness. We can also all go out and pick up a DSR-4800 on ebay and get everything ITC the 4D gets now, plus any megapipe streams ITC so what's the big deal.

One last thought, we could point at ANIK F1R Ku and get the 921 maps, that would give us our satellite tiles back after a MR I would think.

Last edited:
No use in getting our panties in a wad....nobody is jeopardizing the conditional access of the 4dtv receiver...channel maps simply tell the receiver where the channel is...that's all...maps don't open encrypted signals.

don't even get me started on the ridiculous dmca stuff. some of that is as lame as the patriot act. people didn't read the fine print before they voted that crap into law.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)