More Random Thoughts

SandraC

On Vacation
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Rumblings and bumblings and stumblings...

1. Ohio State walks into Jump Around stadium and beats Wisconsin...they seem to be able to avoid that 'deer in the headlights' look against Big 10 teams for some reason.

2. Whoever here said Todd Boeckman would play against Wisconsin lied.

3. Sox in seven, Phillies in six. I'm rooting for Joe Torre, but the Dodgers really aren't that strong.

4. Phillies got nothing from Utley or Howard in the NLDS...if they contribute going forward, watch out.

5. Who wants to bet how obnoxious Ehren will be if the Phillies make the Series?

6. I thought of another reason to root for the Red Sox...Mark Kotsay is really cute. Me-likey.

7. Speaking of cute, there is a post on a Rangers forum that states exactly where Henrik Lundqvist lives in Manhattan...the purchase was a public record or something. If any of you know where it is, please don't assume every buxom girl with long dark hair hanging around the entrance is me!

8. I didn't watch Barry Melrose much on ESPN after they lost the NHL...when did he turn into Paulie Walnuts? I think I liked the mullet better.

9. Little People Big World in Iraq? Huh?

10. Let's go Jerk-Landers! Please don't finish 30th out of 30!

11. I think at the very least, after all the bone-headed decisions he made, Sage Rosenfels should be forced to change his first name.

12. I mean, really, who is he trying to leap over???

13. Good to be 2-0, but I think the Lightning are right now in disarray. Though I have to admit, for two games at least, Kalinin, Redden and Zherdev gave an honest effort. Great goaltending by the Lightning is all that kept those games close.

14. Ok so first the Giants are unhappy nobody is giving them respect, despite being super bowl champions entering the season. Now they're re-coiling from comparisons to New England, with people asking if they can go 16-0. You just can't make some people happy.

15. When did Manny Ramirez become loveable? I still don't like him.

16. How does Mariano Rivera have surgery yesterday, and before he's even stitched back up, they announce he'll return to throwing a month earlier than they had anticipated?

17. I would not give K-Rod a huge contract. Definitely not for too many years...he's already losing velocity.

18. That move Misty May-Traynor was trying on 'Dancing...', the one she tore her achilles on, should never have been attempted. She was landing on the balls of her feet, not letting her heel hit the ground. That puts all of her weight on her tendon...it's a torn achilles waiting to happen. Maybe some of these 80-pound dancers who have been doing this kind of thing all their lives can pull that off, but athletes like Misty and myself should not be attempting such a thing.

19. OJ being guilty is like an NBA-style make-up call.

20. Can it really be that the Raiders were in the Super Bowl only five years ago? Seems like 20 years since they've even been competitive.

21. I watched the Entourage episode last night when Ari got the Ferrari, and Vince sang at the girl's sweet 16 party. Hysterical. I love Lloyd!

22. Does St. John's still have a basketball team?

23. Did the LA haters notice the crowd for game 3 of the Cubs series? It was full, loud, and electric. And everyone stayed nine innings.

24. Can someone please take Stephon Marbury out of my misery? This guy is the Jeremy Shockey of the NBA...wherever he leaves, teams will then start to win. Does he have to comment on absolutely everything? He acts like it's the New York Marburys.

25. How is it possible for Ohio State to have two number 2's on the field? I know they don't play at the same time, but Terrelle Pryor and Malcolm Jenkins both wear number 2. I can't think of where I've ever seen that before.

26. Tonight I'm going to watch Ratatouille with my niece and nephew. Review coming next week.

27. The most drama at any sporting event last week was at my niece's state cup U-12 soccer game. Tied 1-1 after regulation, tied after overtime, it went to PK's. Unbelievably tense. Unfortunately they lost in PK's and were knocked out. Very emotional.

28. Hockey Night in Canada is going to be on NHL Network this year every Saturday night. It's been on the Center Ice package for years, but now it should be in HD. Awesome.

29. Went back to the gym last night after two weeks off from training. Felt good to get back to it.

30. Does Tom Bergeron host every show on television these days?

Sandra

Last edited:
Rumblings and bumblings and stumblings...

1. Ohio State walks into Jump Around stadium and beats Wisconsin...they seem to be able to avoid that 'deer in the headlights' look against Big 10 teams for some reason.

I think they would of had a chance against USC, if Beanie was healthy.

3. Sox in seven, Phillies in six. I'm rooting for Joe Torre, but the Dodgers really aren't that strong.

Exactly my picks. How could anyone not love Joe Torre. The man is class personified

6. I thought of another reason to root for the Red Sox...Mark Kotsay is really cute. Me-likey.

Watch out Jamie. ;)

8. I didn't watch Barry Melrose much on ESPN after they lost the NHL...when did he turn into Paulie Walnuts? I think I liked the mullet better.

:haha:haha:haha Sandra, you're too funny! :up

11. I think at the very least, after all the bone-headed decisions he made, Sage Rosenfels should be forced to change his first name.

How about Parsley or Thyme? ;)

14. Ok so first the Giants are unhappy nobody is giving them respect, despite being super bowl champions entering the season. Now they're re-coiling from comparisons to New England, with people asking if they can go 16-0. You just can't make some people happy.

If the Giants ever went 16-0, that would be a MUCH bigger accomplishment compared to the Patriots.............considering the division the G-Men play in.

15. When did Manny Ramirez become loveable? I still don't like him.

He became loveable when he was playing for a $100 million pay day.......the phoney POS. :mad:

16. How does Mariano Rivera have surgery yesterday, and before he's even stitched back up, they announce he'll return to throwing a month earlier than they had anticipated?

That's Mo for you......team first. Hear that, Me-Me.

19. OJ being guilty is like an NBA-style make-up call.

great analogy!

22. Does St. John's still have a basketball team?

The Johnnies were so good back in the 80's with Louie Carneseca and Chris Mullin.

28. Hockey Night in Canada is going to be on NHL Network this year every Saturday night. It's been on the Center Ice package for years, but now it should be in HD. Awesome.

This is awesome news! :up

30. Does Tom Bergeron host every show on television these days?

And if it's not him, it's either Ryan Seacrest or Regis Philbin! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
25. How is it possible for Ohio State to have two number 2's on the field? I know they don't play at the same time, but Terrelle Pryor and Malcolm Jenkins both wear number 2. I can't think of where I've ever seen that before.

It is because they have more than 100 players on the team so they use numbers more than once. Most of the time it is a third string that gets the number but sometimes it happens like that.

Watch out Jamie. ;)

Assuming Jamie is his wife or significant other?

Oh well, back to hanging out in front of Henrik's apartment! ;)

Sandra

Assuming Jamie is his wife or significant other?

Oh well, back to hanging out in front of Henrik's apartment! ;)

Sandra

Here's Mrs. Kotsay: :)

jamie_kotsay_mark_kotsay_wife.jpg

Lemme help you out Bill.......

Jamie's the one on the Left.

jk071.jpg

Plus, she's an athlete too....

jk51.jpg

OK, those pics I can see...very pretty. Not Giselle-pretty, but very pretty. Don't most athletes have pretty wives, though? Except Henrik, of course...

You wanna talk athlete, though? Let's see Jamie Kotsay finish an Olympic distance triathlon!

You know what, I must say, Mrs. Kotsay has obviously been coached in how to hit a softball. She has a nice stance...front heel up, weight (all 95 pounds of it) back, hands up behind her ears.

Oh, who am I kidding...you guys don't see anything except for tiny shorts and lots of thigh showing!

Sandra

OK, those pics I can see...very pretty. Not Giselle-pretty, but very pretty. Don't most athletes have pretty wives, though? Except Henrik, of course...

You wanna talk athlete, though? Let's see Jamie Kotsay finish an Olympic distance triathlon!

You know what, I must say, Mrs. Kotsay has obviously been coached in how to hit a softball. She has a nice stance...front heel up, weight (all 95 pounds of it) back, hands up behind her ears.

Oh, who am I kidding...you guys don't see anything except for tiny shorts and lots of thigh showing!

Sandra

This is the point where Ramy asks for the umpteenth time for pictures of Sandra.:D

I'll admit it, I'm curious also. What do you say Sandra?

I don't know, perhaps someday...we'll see. Posting my picture on the internet is not something I'd normally, but...we'll see. I don't think I'd even know how to do it, but I'm sure someone here would edify me.

Wait, how did this thread go in this direction anyway? You saw a picture of the very pretty Jamie Kotsay, why would you want to see me? I don't ask to see pics of you guys!

What about the 30 salient points I made? :)

Sandra

I don't know, perhaps someday...we'll see. Posting my picture on the internet is not something I'd normally, but...we'll see. I don't think I'd even know how to do it, but I'm sure someone here would edify me.

Wait, how did this thread go in this direction anyway? You saw a picture of the very pretty Jamie Kotsay, why would you want to see me? I don't ask to see pics of you guys!

Sandra
salient, shmalient...

worthless20thread20withqz6.gif

:D;)

Instructions on How to Post Pictures

Sandra

If the picture you wish to display is posted on the net somewhere or on a online host site such as photobucket or flickr please follow step A.

A) In the reply box, click on the picture icon that says "insert image" when you roll your cursor over it. Copy the URL link into this box of the picture. In order to find out the URL of a particular picture on the net, just right click on that picture, then click on "copy image location", then paste into the URL insert picture box.

If the picture you wish to post is on your own computer, follow step B.

B) In the reply box, click on the paper clip icon that says "attachment" when you roll your cursor over it. Under the "upload file from your computer", click the "browse" button to search for the picture on your computer. Once you find one,
click "open", then "upload". Wait for the picture to upload, then once it notifies you that it went through, close the pop-up and finish your post by submitting the reply.

So there. No more excuses. :)

What about the 30 salient points I made?

You've broken a record for 'Most thoughts in a 'Random thoughts' thread. My personal-best was 25.

Whoever here said Todd Boeckman would play against Wisconsin lied.
At least he'll have time to start prepping for the NFL Draft Combine.

there is a post on a Rangers forum that states exactly where Henrik Lundqvist lives in Manhattan...the purchase was a public record or something. If any of you know where it is, please don't assume every buxom girl with long dark hair hanging around the entrance is me!
Your infatuation with Henrik is one of my two favorite running gags on this site, along with Paul's Lions-bashing.

I didn't watch Barry Melrose much on ESPN after they lost the NHL...when did he turn into Paulie Walnuts? I think I liked the mullet better.
All I know is that whoever has to replace him at ESPN will have some big shoes to fill.

Let's go Jerk-Landers! Please don't finish 30th out of 30!
Atlanta/Toronto are far worse.

I think at the very least, after all the bone-headed decisions he made, Sage Rosenfels should be forced to change his first name.
He may never start another game in Houston. He really needs to switch teams- the Chiefs should take him.

I mean, really, who is he trying to leap over???
He must have thought the Colt defensove players were big as a building. Wanted to be like Superman.'

How does Mariano Rivera have surgery yesterday, and before he's even stitched back up, they announce he'll return to throwing a month earlier than they had anticipated?
This may remove any chances of him breaking Trevor Hoffman's saves record.

That move Misty May-Traynor was trying on 'Dancing...', the one she tore her achilles on, should never have been attempted. She was landing on the balls of her feet, not letting her heel hit the ground. That puts all of her weight on her tendon...it's a torn achilles waiting to happen. Maybe some of these 80-pound dancers who have been doing this kind of thing all their lives can pull that off, but athletes like Misty and myself should not be attempting such a thing.
Who would have thought that Misty and Kim would be out already?

Can it really be that the Raiders were in the Super Bowl only five years ago? Seems like 20 years since they've even been competitive.
Two years ago, my Sabres were arguably the best team in hockey. Now, they may only be fourth in their own division. THANKS DARCY!!

Can someone please take Stephon Marbury out of my misery? This guy is the Jeremy Shockey of the NBA...wherever he leaves, teams will then start to win. Does he have to comment on absolutely everything? He acts like it's the New York Marburys.
He's the worst teammate in sports- Chad Johnson is not as mean as Starbury and Terrell Owens can put points on the board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts