OTHER Most Galaxy 19 channels disappeared

bidawwi

Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Hi folks,
in the past couple of weeks, most of the channels on Galaxy 19 have disappeared. I have not changed the setting or moved the dish. I could not figured out why. I re-scanned and even reset to factory setting but nothing helped. I am using a Vision Clever II receiver and a 32" dish. Could the LNB be damaged (white plastic cover crumbled)? If yes, how come I am still getting a handful of channels.
Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

how come I am still getting a handful of channels.
Some channels are on stronger transponders. The weaker will vanish first if the LNBF performance, or dish alignment, degrades.
If you think it's the "white plastic cover crumbled" try removing it. If no improvement _ carefully_ lightly push L/R & up/dn on the edge of the dish to see if there's any improvement in the QUALITY reading in the tune up screen. You may have to 'hold it' for 5-10 seconds before any changes 'register'.
If no improvement is noted, replacing the LNBF is the 'next logical step'.
Welcome to Satelliteguys.

Could be degraded coax too. Moisture in the coax or connectors corroded just enough to start causing problems, but not go completely out.

Thanks every one for the prompt response. I will go through these suggestions and report back.
Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts