Motor Degrees

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Azeem

Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
Indiana
Do the degree marks on the clockwise and counterclockwise arm of the motor = the same degree rotation on the azimuth? ie. If my true south is 184 and IA5 is 197, should my disk rotate 13 degree clockwise? Or does the rotate account for the longitude differences?

Jeff (Azeem)

Hello Jeff Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA MPEG-2 forum!

What kind of motor do you have? I would not use the markings on the motor for anything other than the "ZERO" setting everything else is done by the receiver, use USALS if you have it after finding your true south satellite also use this satellite as your "reference" position (zero)

I have an SM3D12 motor. I have found my true south sat (AMC3) but I realize this morning I goofed my setup. I had frost on the brain :)

I was going to use the ticks on the arm to swing the dish to IA5 during installation (since I'm doing it myselft). Since I bought the dish to pickup Arabic television to practice my language skills, I want to be sure I get the best signal from that sat.

It sounds like you are recommending just using the USALS instead.

Thanks for the help.

When I setup my SG2100 motor, I found that the angle markings on the motor are indeed 'approximate' - see attached image that shows the relation between the azimuth angle of the satellites I set up and the angle marking on the motor. Basically you can use the angle marking to get the dish 'in the neighborhood' when setting up your system, but that's about it.

Thx,
Chris.

Attachments

• Az_vs_SG2100angle.GIF
    Az_vs_SG2100angle.GIF
    10.7 KB · Views: 152
thanks Chris. After some tinkering, I finally got my sat installed and the USALS actually worked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)