Motor Recommendations?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
I'm looking at getting a motor now and wanted to see if anyone had some recommendations. I have a 39" digiwave dish and a coolsat 6000 pro if that makes any difference.
Sadoun recommended the DG280 or DG380 HH-Motors. Does anyone else have one they would recommend? I don't want to spend too much but I'd also rather not get a piece of crap. I'm assuming this will probably be a "you get what you pay for" purchase.

Thanks for any insight.

-Steve

So what's with the sg2100? Is this beefy enough for a 39"? I also see that there are several versions of this motor. Are they "official" versions or are there some knock-offs to look out for? Also, what is automatic zero backlash adjustment? I see that on the DG380 at Sadoun. I really like that motor but I can't get over the price hurdle just yet.

Thanks,
Steve

Well, I went with the DG380. Wish me luck setting that up after all the issues I had setting up a fixed dish :)

I have a DG380 also, it's the first and only Ku dish motor I've ever had, no problems with setup (lots of help from the SatGuys) or operation so far (about 2 1/2 months), hope you have the same experience as me. :)

Been using a Stab for a few years now, Italion made. It's been used in a geographical area with weather that fluctuates from -10 in winter to 95+ in summer. I would give it a good review and recommend it to a friend.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts