Motorized Automatic Mobile Ku Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brians0105

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
Has anyone here ever heard of a mobile KU automatic motorized FTA dish? Something similar to the automatic dishes at motosat.com? I want to travel with ku FTA access, but dont want to aim the dish every time.

ANyone have any ideas? I've already asked Peter Bain, but am seeing if anyne had any input...thanks!

brians0105 said:
Has anyone here ever heard of a mobile KU automatic motorized FTA dish? Something similar to the automatic dishes at motosat.com? I want to travel with ku FTA access, but dont want to aim the dish every time.

ANyone have any ideas? I've already asked Peter Bain, but am seeing if anyne had any input...thanks!
sng_10_12.jpg

http://www.sepatriot.com/txmvsat1.2ku.htm

I am not saying it would be easy BUT how hard would it be to build a Mobile wall to mount a dish on? I would need same kind of ankering system. I am thinking some hinges, sand weights, and a compass???

Not good on drawing BUT I can add some more to my idea. I am thinking of three pieces of plywood, 2' square A frame, with hinges and some kind of weights to hold it down, sand? Use wing nuts to attach the short pool that holds the moter and dish.

The reason I bought this up was the moble dish you can buy looks like it might cost $350 + and a basic setup goes for $150 to $200

Ken

TBI said:
Can you draw a picture of what your proposing?

ken2400 said:
The reason I bought this up was the moble dish you can buy looks like it might cost $350 + and a basic setup goes for $150 to $200

That dish is a lot more on the plus side than you think,Like try starting at $15,000.00 more on the plus side.

Ken I think I am starting to follow what you are going to do.
I found the patriot auto dish because I was looking for a way to watch FTA from my RV but as gunn55 said I think they are real expensive.
On to plan B build a portable mount for my DirecPC dish. I used a 5 foot 4x6 with boards screwed on both ends to stabilize the unit then just screwed the regular arm to the 4x6 and mounted the dish on the arm.
The 4x6 and arm could ride in the bed of the truck and to my surprise the dish fit in the basement storage.
I only used that setup to find one satellite and I don't think using a motor in that situation would be worth the setup time unless you were going to be there some time. If you were going to be somewhere for a while I would pickup a chain link fence post and drive it in the ground to mount the dish on there cheap you could leave it if you had too.
Plan C I won't be using FTA in the RV just DirecTV because its just easier in that mobile situation.

You bring up one idea I forgot about. One can get a number of music and at least NASA tv using an 18" dish. Not much but it free.

Ken

TBI said:
Ken I think I am starting to follow what you are going to do.
I found the patriot auto dish because I was looking for a way to watch FTA from my RV but as gunn55 said I think they are real expensive.
On to plan B build a portable mount for my DirecPC dish. I used a 5 foot 4x6 with boards screwed on both ends to stabilize the unit then just screwed the regular arm to the 4x6 and mounted the dish on the arm.
The 4x6 and arm could ride in the bed of the truck and to my surprise the dish fit in the basement storage.
I only used that setup to find one satellite and I don't think using a motor in that situation would be worth the setup time unless you were going to be there some time. If you were going to be somewhere for a while I would pickup a chain link fence post and drive it in the ground to mount the dish on there cheap you could leave it if you had too.
Plan C I won't be using FTA in the RV just DirecTV because its just easier in that mobile situation.

Working with a European company to import a DiSEqC USALS compatatible unit with GPS controlled auto setup for stationary viewing. The mount works great, but a few glitches are keeping it off the market for now. The GPS sets the elevation and azimuth and the DiSEqC is set in the receiver. We are working to develop a unit that will not require longitude and latitude receiver input, but that will be a ways off in the future.

We will be introducing a combined circular and linear LNBF in January or February that will provide additional viewing opportunities when used with existing mobile mounts like the Super Dome.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts