Motorized dish help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have to call it a night, you are on the right track.
After switching the LNB, go to the Sat / Antenna Setup Menu
Select AMC 1, these settings will be for all Sats you configure.
LNB = Standard 10750
Positioner = USALS(you only enter your Long and Lat once)
Switch = none
Input = none

Review:
Motor should be due South.
Motor is set to your Latitude(once set correctly, you should not need to tweak)
Dish elevation to strongest sig for AMC1 (scroll thru the TP list there has to be a good one there, 12100 is a strong sig - Pentagon Channel)
Then pick a Sat as far East / West as your Line Of Sight allows. Set up same as AMC1, allow USALS to drive there and tweak sig.

Ok we have the LNB changed and we have no signal at all for our channels. When we set the positioner to USALS and hit enter we get a blue Fortec Star screen and then it goes to a blank channel. We are looking at the book and we do not have the same screen as the one pictured for the Motorized dish setup. There for we can not enter our lat and long.

Does your screen look like this attachment?

Probably should go to...
Download

Download and install the latest firmware.

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 88
No that is not what our screen looks like. I will check out the firmware download.
We will also go to the Glorystar forum and see what they can come up with.
Thanks for all your help.

Please do not move a motorized thread to the Glorystar forum....... Motorized system assistance will be better supported here as the system will be used as a motorized FTA and not as a standard fixed Glorystar installation.

After you are Tracking the Arc, I would move to the GloryStar suport.....
Glorystar Support Forum - SatelliteGuys.US

There may have better Merc II answers.

To enter the location Longitude and Latitude settings, highlight positioner in the Installation Menu, change the type to USALS and press OK. This will open the USALS menu.

Do not attempt to use the dual LNBF 4 degree bracket with a motor. The USALS positioner will position the dish based on the single centered LNBF. Make sure that the DiSEqC switch is also removed. You do not need to change any LNB settings.

Why not follow this easy guide that was developed for a motorized Mercury II and a motor similar to yours?

When we switch the positioner to USALS the screen goes blank, we do not get a USALS menu.

Didn't mean to move thread there, just go to that forum for a little Merc II help, sorry.

Please do not move a motorized thread to the Glorystar forum....... Motorized system assistance will be better supported here as the system will be used as a motorized FTA and not as a standard fixed Glorystar installation. /quote]

Last edited:
Do a factory reset first(remember to re-enter the LNB settings), if that does not work, download the Firmware and Loader program(it's a PC program that loads the Firmware to the receiver via the serial cable) If you still are not able to enter the USALS menu, start a new thread asking for Merc II help.
While you are downloading, also download the Channel Editor. Using the Loader program, you will then be able to transfer the Sat and Channel lists from the Receiver to your PC and edit Channel, TP, and Sat Info. Now, you may not agree, to me the setup it a fun process. Keep your spirits up, this stuff does work and works well.

Afterthought: Remember to drive Motor to "Zero" before setting angles and aiming to your True South Sat

When we switch the positioner to USALS the screen goes blank, we do not get a USALS menu.

Last edited:
Im still a bit confused. I am getting a galaxy 28 image when trying to point at amc 4. am I too far east or west. Im lost here.

How are you cofiring you have Galaxy 28?
You would be too far East. Galaxy 28 is 89west, AMC 4 is 101 west.
Twist Dish / Motor on the pole together to the West, 11deg, and probably need to raise the Dish elevation a little. Are you using a compass?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts