Motorola 4dtv receiver help

xoibsurferx

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2014
Monroe, NC
Hello,

My dad and I will be going to pick up a 10ft mesh dish and it comes with a Motorola 4DTV receiver. My dad and I are both only interested in FTA and was wondering if the 4dtv box will allow us to pick up FTA channels.

xoibsurferx said:
Hello,

My dad and I will be going to pick up a 10ft mesh dish and it comes with a Motorola 4DTV receiver. My dad and I are both only interested in FTA and was wondering if the 4dtv box will allow us to pick up FTA channels.

Not really maybe a few ITC DCII channels.

You need an STB that does Mpeg4 (h.264)
Ex,
RS-1933
MicroHD
DBS6100
HDVR-1200
Etc....

Not really maybe a few ITC DCII channels.

You need an STB that does Mpeg4 (h.264)
Ex,
RS-1933
MicroHD
DBS6100
HDVR-1200
Etc....

I was able to pick up what I posted below for $20. The guy said he used to install them for people so they could get dish network (I'm guessing he used to hack the boxes and sell that as a service) and he said he wasn't able to find the bin files anymore. A few of them are brand new and never used but a few are used (tiny scratches on power cord prongs that go into the wall) but I'm not sure if he tampered with the ones that look used. I'm guessing the brand new ones I'll be able to use with no issues for fta but the ones that may have been tampered with how could I tell and what would happen if I try to use them?

Viewsat
- 2 PVR7000 (storage hard drives not included)
- 3 Ultra
- 1 Ultra Light

SonicView
- 2 SV-360 Premier

3 Weather Forecaster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts