Mounting a seperate ku lnb to prime focus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
On a motorized setup with the ku lnbf to the side of the C lnbf, I guess then you would move the dish East or West of say AMC4 101 to get the signal for KU?

Dave

I've mounted multiple lnb's to my P* dishes in the past. And I'm going to try this with my BUD/acutator setup. I know before I start that if you only have the 2nd lnb to one side of the center one, you will only be able to pick up sats. either east or west of your true south satellite (because of elevation issues).

Example, my true south of IA6, so if I mount a 2nd lnb on the west side of the center one, I will only be able to pick up sats. east of IA6. The opposite would be true if you mounted the 2nd one east of the center lnb then you would only pick up sats. west of your true south satellite. And of course when you do mount the 2nd one, you will have to mount it higher than the center one if the center one is currently aimed at your true south satellite. I hope I haven't confused anyone.

I suspect when I dive into this project, I won't be able to attach a 2nd lnb (without cutting the scalar) any closer than say.... 6-degrees (that will be the disadvantage to not trimming the ring to better fit a 2nd or 3rd lnb)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)