Mounting brackets for dish poles, arm supports

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
I got a hughesnet dish a couple of months ago, but I had to leave the brackets on the roof of the house that I got the dish from. I forgot to bring any silicon and the home owner didn't want to remove the brackets without waterproofing the holes left behind.
So, my question is, where can I get the brackets? I need the U shaped one that the bolt goes through to secure the main pole in place and I need brackets to attach the two support arms to the roof (my 39" came with support arms that were bent on the ends and bolted right to the roof, these are straight and bolt to separate brackets bolted to the roof).
I went to home depot to see if there was something there I could use, but was unable to locate much.

Thanks!
Steve

Can't take silicone back and get them? Maybe someone has a better answer here. I am lazy and would try to get the originals. However if you are not able to come up with something I can ask my installer friend to get me what he has laying around if you are interested. What size mounting mast does it take?

PM me, I have every mast, foot, support arm, bracket, pole known to man kind.

Oh wait....lol, You wanted a support arm for a Huhgesnet dish... I don't have that size. I have the ones for dish 500, dish 1000.2 and Directv Slimlines.

I got a hughesnet dish a couple of months ago, but I had to leave the brackets on the roof of the house that I got the dish from. I forgot to bring any silicon and the home owner didn't want to remove the brackets without waterproofing the holes left behind.
So, my question is, where can I get the brackets? I need the U shaped one that the bolt goes through to secure the main pole in place and I need brackets to attach the two support arms to the roof (my 39" came with support arms that were bent on the ends and bolted right to the roof, these are straight and bolt to separate brackets bolted to the roof).
I went to home depot to see if there was something there I could use, but was unable to locate much.

Thanks!
Steve

Steve,

Heck, just fabricate your own! You can probably make something better yourself anyways, something that might be even more convenient for your specific installation purpose. Use your imagination and the assistance of the hardware store, the salvage yard and a local metal-working shop if you don't have all the tools you need at home... and Fastenal (you can get a lot of neat stuff through Fastenal).

Gordy

Steve,

Heck, just fabricate your own! You can probably make something better yourself anyways, something that might be even more convenient for your specific installation purpose. Use your imagination and the assistance of the hardware store, the salvage yard and a local metal-working shop if you don't have all the tools you need at home... and Fastenal (you can get a lot of neat stuff through Fastenal).

Gordy

This was my original idea. Lack of tools is my issue. However, it might be a good excuse to solve the lack of tools issue :)

Can't take silicone back and get them?
I am a gigantic idiot and I have deleted the emails from the people I got it from and I couldn't go back and find the place to save my life. Once I cross the state line into Mississippi, I am lost. I got this from freecycle which is attached to my spam email account and I recently purged my entire inbox. Smacking myself in the head right now....

This was my original idea. Lack of tools is my issue. However, it might be a good excuse to solve the lack of tools issue :)

HA HA! NOW you are thinking! Gotta get out there and support the economy and put the nation on the road to economic recovery you know. So...

Buy some tools today! ;)

Tell your wife that RADAR said you really need to do this because it is your sense of duty and the patriotic thing to do!

Hee hee :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)