Mounting Pole Indentation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phoenix94

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 31, 2006
I was fooling around with my dish yesterday and found I could get better signals by a small rotation of the dish, maybe a 1/16 of an inch. Trouble is when I tighten, the bolts want to go right back into their original indentations and I lose my gains.

Anybody got a simple fix short of loosening the mount, rotating the pole, and doing a whole re-tune?

Only solution is to drill and tap new holes on the collar, put in new bolts and tighten. Finally tighten the old ones.

On my Channel Master 10 footers the cap on the top of the pole is actually separate from the mount which attaches to the cap with 4 bolts that pass through slots rather than holes - this allows for limited lateral movement after the cap has been locked down. Does the Unimesh have a similar arrangement?

Or, you can place it into alignment, drill a 1/4 inch hole through the collar and the pole, and then drive in a hardened roll pin, before tightening the lock bolts,

Take out one bolt. Using a file or grinder, put a slight taper on the threaded end of the bolt. Re-install bolt and do same to other. Have fun.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll probably have to do something different at some point, but for now I've pinned it. Well worth the effort though as I now get good signals on stuff at G10R that was only marginal at best before.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)