"move"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think the only thing they would look for internet connection wise is if you have receivers on the same account connecting from different locations, i.e. stacking accounts. You should be fine.

??i live in the 54401 zip area i want the locals out of milwaukee so i moved ..the locals are on 103/tp18 91 on meter .come in fine but every thing else comes in crappy,.. and fsn and the brewers looked bad last night ..so today i moved back to 54401 and everything looks great but no milwaukee locals ..why would moving do that to everthing .ive moved in the past to gb/minnapolis/???? no problem

Your questing doesn't make much sense. It is digital, you have signal or you don't. What do you mean by looks crappy?

What market are you trying to get, where are you physically located, etc? Details help. What are your signal strengths like, 103ca, 103cb, 99c, and the specifc transponder for the market you are after on 103s or 99s.

BINGO :) They don't. As long as they get their money it doesnt matter.

When I called to "move" all the way across the state to get Atlanta locals, you could tell the guy that I spoke with knew what I was doing. He just asked had I installed all of the equipment, I told him yes, and he said "ok, can I please have your new service address?" I gave him the new address, and he said, "this address qualifies for local channels from Atlanta, GA" I said, ok, and asked that he leave the billing address the same. He must have had some "movers" before. Sounded as if DTV could care less, as long as they get their money every month.

What is being done...posts like these get forwarded to signalintegrity@directv.com . Rights? To what? Lie, cheat, steal?

I see that you are quite a veteran here, with five posts. And you have been a member for about 8 months. What have you did in all that time, scout around for "movers?" Must be nice to have all kinds of time and to have that for a pastime.

well lets see how long this "move" takes

"moved" to a location basically to get a SV station. But the kicker is they have to pick the right county. If they pick county A (the county I'm "in") I get Minneapolis + the SV. If they pick county "B" then its only ABC, FOX, NBC from Mpls, the "local", national CW & PBS. So I call and give the lady the address and she hoses it up so I have NO locals.

She tries again but apparently is determined to put in County B as the county when its county A. She txfrs me to technical who fixes it and my locals are back...yay!
But now the one receiver isnt right and county "B" locals are still there...so have to try a reset and reauth to see if that fixes it.

Funny part is she had no issues changing it and asked if the billing should stay as is or change ;)

yay! reauth fixed it so now I have my locals + the SV local too :)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.