"move"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
exactly. So lets see

someone wants D* but their market D* hasnt brought locals to...customer's package is $3 less
customer "moves" and adds locals for $3 a month. D* gets $36 a year more from that customer than they did before. Yeah its minimal, but its extra money D* gets from us ;)

Most of you that are so self righteous if you had a summer home would not add another contract and whole new monthly bill for a couple months of service unless you could not figure out how to do it on your own.

This reminds me of a few years ago about how I was lectured by a buddy of mine on how file sharing programs on the net were stealing but he himself who had a netflix account justified copying every movie he rented from them because he paid his $10 a month subscription.

When it boils down to it, we all do things that somebody could consider less then honest.
So, lets quit lecturing people on the little things.

Further more, people posting things on a public forum that some may consider less then honest does not destroy the credibility of this forum.

Now, go ahead people, flame away and tell me how dishonest I am and that I am a horrible installer and I will never be allowed to do an install at your house that is 1000 miles away from my house and blah blah blah.

When it comes down to it, when people post minor infractions, if you don't want to help, then don't.
Maybe give a friendly warning of it being a violation of TOS but leave it at that.

Most of you that are so self righteous if you had a summer home would not add another contract and whole new monthly bill for a couple months of service unless you could not figure out how to do it on your own.

When it boils down to it, we all do things that somebody could consider less then honest.
So, lets quit lecturing people on the little things.

Further more, people posting things on a public forum that some may consider less then honest does not destroy the credibility of this forum.

very well put. In fact I went to the lake house Monday until yesterday (had to check on some stuff) and before I left my house I went to my dad's and grabbed that "spare" Dish 311 he has so I had TV for the night. :) Its back hooked up to his garage TV now :)

very well put. In fact I went to the lake house Monday until yesterday (had to check on some stuff) and before I left my house I went to my dad's and grabbed that "spare" Dish 311 he has so I had TV for the night. :) Its back hooked up to his garage TV now :)

You Heathen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

I know. I was a "mover" with both D* and E*, I take a receiver to the cabin for the weekend and for about 6 years I subscribed to Canadian TV and live in the US

oh snap I'm going to hell.....or as I heard someone say on TV "I'll slap you so hard you'll have to look up to see hell" :D

honestly you're supposed to "move".

It's nice that the forum moderators treat this like a big joke and let threads like this go on and on.
:rolleyes:

yep. And we'll continue to let them go on and on :)

As I've posted before, I'd love to pay to have 4 or 5 sets of locals. Sadly the NAB and its cronies wont allow that. So we have to be unique with how we get them. Heck when I "moved" I had 3 sets of locals
-Duluth, MN via D*
-Minneapolis via OTA
-Mankato (65 miles or so down the road) OTA with a huge VHF only antenna

I guess in your situation you have a really good set of locals so you don't have to worry. Not all of us have that option...or want that particular option ;)

honestly you're supposed to "move".

It's nice that the forum moderators treat this like a big joke and let threads like this go on and on.
:rolleyes:

They are a PAYING customer, and as long as they pay for their service they can discuss it here.

If they want to ask about anything related to not paying for their service, that's the line we draw in the sand.

Kjlued, Ice, well said.

I'm in the Dallas mkt and I don't have a need to move but I like to see that others can move. As you guys said, D* is getting their $$'s and if this were an issue with D*, I'd think that something would have been implemented to resolve the "moving". Obviously, it's not an issue with them or it's on back-burner # 1000 on their list. I imagine they have other priorities than to search for paying customers that "move" due to the ridiculous laws about network feeds.

I have no dog in this particular hunt but I think that anyone that wants the distant nat'l network feeds, if they're a paying subs, they should be allowed to receive them. Then again, I'm opposed to sports blackouts for the same reason.

and in some cases its better to "move"

There are markets (mainly the mountain time zone but there are others) where the market you're in the stations arent even in that state yet a county over is. A great example is Wyoming. Boy what a cluster. The SE corner is Cheyenne (which is right) then the next county north is Denver (????) the next county north is Casper locals (sounds right) then the next county north is Denver again (huh?) Parts of the state have Rapid City locals, some have Salt Lake City, and most have Denver.

Or you live in one of those "small" markets where before digital you got 1, maybe 2 networks. With subchannels they added missing nets but they're not in HD. Or even the main station broadcasts very little in HD. But the market next door has all the nets in HD (its a larger market). That would be a good reason in my opinion to "move". I've got a buddy with Dish who is using my address for that reason. Dish carries his "locals" (Mankato, MN which is CBS & Fox) in SD along with Minneapolis NBC & ABC but SD only. The next county north of him gets all Minneapolis locals and the Big4 in HD.

Or the locals arent even carried yet.

When I first got DirecTV I was able to get distant network feeds for both NY and LA. Then I called in after the New Orleans locals were available, and first I "moved", and then on a separate phone call got a customer support rep who was either cool or clueless - I basically said, "Hey, I have a home in New Orleans and one in <bogus city which I can't remember anymore>, and I know that New Orleans locals are now available - I'm in New Orleans for another week - if I'm willing to pay for them in addition to my current channels, can you turn them on without turning any other channels off?" After a brief pause, the response was, "Uh, sure, let me see if that works." And it did! I then had access to NY, LA, and New Orleans local channels. Then it was all ruined a couple of years later when I called in to add a new receiver, and the customer support rep said, "Hey, you have something messed up with your account, but I can fix it." And then I lost my NY and LA feeds. :(

I have always been intrested in a "move" but could never find some property where I can see myself living :)

I was curious if anyone knew of any Zip codes where you would get the NY Networks on conus and also have access to NESN rsn?

Not sure if anyone knows off the tops of their head if that is even possible.

I was curious if anyone knew of any Zip codes where you would get the NY Networks on conus and also have access to NESN rsn?

Not sure if anyone knows off the tops of their head if that is even possible.

Doesn't look like it. The only shot I see from the NYC DMA would be Fairfield county CT but it still shows NY RSNs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts