Moved to Directv from Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Why did you switch from Dish Network to Directv?

• Customer service is horrible

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Contracts disputes (drop of channels)

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • Equipment fees

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • Directv's promotion was too good to pass

Votes: 20 20.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • Other

Votes: 21 21.0%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I switched 10 weeks ago and love it! I was with E* for 9 yrs for thier equipment but after getting the HR24 my fears were wrong. I love all the features, score guide, apps, on demand, PQ, whole house DVR and especially MLB network!!! Wish I would have made the switch when MLB net was launched.

I had Absolute when I switched a few weeks ago and I really hated that I was giving it up. Today I fell 100% better now that I switched to D*! I feel D*'s numbers are going to be jumping off the charts for next quarters results.

Left Dish because of Sunday Ticket, many loss of signals and price.

Installer called today and was here 20 minutes later. Used existing wires and metal pole. He was done in 1 1/2 hours. Showed me how to use the remote. I still will have to trim back some branches next time I have time.

The only thing I miss is my local weather. Does Direct have any future plans to make agreements with TWC for local weather?

I would like to setup my system for connection to internet. I currently have Comcast broadband with a wireless router for my laptop and WII. What would be the best way to setup my DVR and receiver for internet. I like the Apps and would like to use them.

Thanks,

Ron

If you hit the active button on your remote it will load (it does take a while to load) the five day forecast. Then on that screen you can go into a weather section. Also they have an application that runs automatically locals on the 8 on the weather channel at the appropriate time. It's not like what you get on cable but it's better than nothing.

I was paying about $97 at E* for all channels but the premiums. No sports package. Just Cinemax for .01.
Many of my baseball games were either jip in HD or outright in SD when I know FSSW was carrying them in HD (D* had them in HD, I checked).
Plus my locals weren't in HD.
Now I'm paying about $54 for about the same channels. If I'm missing any in HD, I evidently didn't watch them much, because I'm not missing anything. My cost will go up about $15 next year, but the savings is great. I've got more of what I want. It fits my viewing style.

I switched after 10+ years with E* (and 15 years prior with a BUD). Too many dropped channels. Paying about $30 less (at least for 1st year). Two HR24-100s and MRV. Life is good!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)