Moved to new area.

classic cartoon fan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
Preble County, Ohio
Hey everyone! It has been awhile since I have posted on here. My wife and I recently moved to North Carolina from Ohio and I'm looking to put up a new antenna. I really don't want to go with rabbit ears. It will probably have to be an attic mounted antenna b/c we live in a little subdivision. Just wanted some advice on a good antenna for the attic before I make a purchase in the future. My zip is now 27596.

Thanks!

How far to local stations?

Without more info, you might look into the Stealthtenna. Despite what some ads say, the name comes from that it could be mounted under eaves and hardly be noticed by neighbors (not that it resembles a stealth aircraft). It's not very large, works pretty good, has a pre-amp option and is classed as omni-directional, although it certainly looks directional.

OK, from antennaweb.org I can see you're about 25 miles from several stations. An inside the attic antenna might work. Might want something a bit bigger than the above, but if you're willing to forsake PBS and a couple independents, a good directional antenna should be fine.

Enjoy the 'Q!

Using www.tvfool.com you have broadcasters all around the compass. I would recommend Channel Master CM-2020 I use one at 60 miles so it should work for VHF & UHF and still be small enough to be used outside but should work in the attic.

His antennaweb shows 8 stations on the same bearing, including all the majors and some minors. Only station of significance not on that bearing is PBS.

His antennaweb shows 8 stations on the same bearing, including all the majors and some minors. Only station of significance not on that bearing is PBS.
Yes tvfool also shows nine LOS stations on the 201/202 sight line plus many other stations the OP could try for if he wanted. Both sites give correct information in most cases, I prefer TVfool and you prefer antenna web both do the same job.

Okay thanks everyone for this. I'm still not sure what I want to go with, but I will figure something out. I mostly want to pick these stations for the subs and for when the dish gets knocked out by rain.