This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

"moved' tonight to escape north east black out on NHL network for Flyers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
OK.

Do they ask any questions to challenge the validity of your move? Do I need to have any answers ready to give them as to why I'm moving?

Wouldn't they want to send a tech out to do the install at the new address?

Would having your Directv DVR connected to the internet affect changing your service address, assuming you continue to use the same (original) inet connection.

OK.

Do they ask any questions to challenge the validity of your move? Do I need to have any answers ready to give them as to why I'm moving?

Wouldn't they want to send a tech out to do the install at the new address?

Just say I want to change my service address (do not go into detail) and provide an address. You may have to fix your billing address online like I did though. Within about 3 minutes you will have the new locals on your STB. You will have to correct your favorites if you use them to the new channels. Box may act weird and need a reboot too.

Actually what is happening is they are changing the local zip code on your card and writing to it while your on the phone. Back in the day the pirates with their programming devices could specify what local market they wanted or all markets. More or less Direct is doing the same thing, but legally.

Last edited:
Would having your Directv DVR connected to the internet affect changing your service address, assuming you continue to use the same (original) inet connection.

I only have a SD box and no DVR, I disconnected my phone line. Good question about your IP address. BTW If you get a market that charges taxes it will get that added to your bill. Some states charge taxes and some don't. Illinois don't I know.

nope they dont check. I "moved" and have a Minneapolis IP address yet locals are 200 miles away. The R22 is hooked to the internet and I use the VOD all the time

They dont care.....

nope they dont check. I "moved" and have a Minneapolis IP address yet locals are 200 miles away. The R22 is hooked to the internet and I use the VOD all the time

They dont care.....

++

I've been "moved" to Indy for a while and had my HR boxes hooked to the 'net for as long as I've had them...no issues. Heck, half the time when I'm at home I get ads that think I'm in South Dakota, so I doubt D* places much stock in IP-based location (save for maybe non-US IP blocks).

I honestly dont know but all I can think of is they flag the account so if you move (legit) they might force a installer to come out.

But as I say...nothing to worry about. Been a mover for many years with no issues

I honestly dont know but all I can think of is they flag the account so if you move (legit) they might force a installer to come out.

But as I say...nothing to worry about. Been a mover for many years with no issues

Guess all they care is if they get payed. How often should you move. I may try it again to another market after some testing on 119.

In addition to moving, I'd have to add local channels to my account too since I currently don't have any locals (SD or HD), right?

Status
Please reply by conversation.