"moved' tonight to escape north east black out on NHL network for Flyers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
you can use this list. It has every channel on D*

best way to sort it is by column E then D (sat, then TP)....the locals in most cases are by call sign so you need to know them ;)

Attachments

• TPN_MAP_100922.xls
    543.5 KB · Views: 220
you can use this list. It has every channel on D*

best way to sort it is by column E then D (sat, then TP)....the locals in most cases are by call sign so you need to know them ;)

Cool list, maybe someday down the road I'll pack up the boxes and bags and move again. ;)

Is there a map of what locals per transponder spots are pointed at what area?

not really. I just look at the stations near me and see what TP they were on and checked signal. There really is no spotbeam maps for Directv that are current

I did some testing with an old receiver I had. I show signal on 101 for Indianapolis, NY my town and Milwaukee. Some numbers in the high 8's and 9's show searching for signal I pulled up the transponder and that was 4 which is dead by me. May have to throw up something for 119 and do some transponder testing. Kinda interesting though how it works. Are there any area's where you could get something on Conus like NY, Denver or LA?

I have an RV and want HD networks nationwide. If I moved to LA, would I be able to get their locals nationwide in HD or do I need to go the DNS route.

I have an RV and want HD networks nationwide. If I moved to LA, would I be able to get their locals nationwide in HD or do I need to go the DNS route.

That's a good question. I know LA and NYC DNS locals are on Conus. I don't know if it's the same if you live there. I don't see why it wouldn't be.

So I'm in 11706 - Long Island, NY. Was blacked out of the Devils@Flyers game on NHLN tonight. I called in and "moved" to 28791 Hendersonville, NC. The game was no longer blacked out. I no longer have channel 2, 5 and the high 300s local channels are all screwed up.

I redid the satellite setup and put in my 'new' zip code. Still same issues. So does this zip not get local channels like my 11706 zip?

How long should I wait until I "move back" ?

Howcome you don't just watch on MSG?

LA & NY Big4 HD are CONUS (99 satellite but CONUS)

So, if I "moved" to LA my RV would be able to get LA HD locals anywhere in the US? Would they come in on there assigned channel numbers? Are they also present in the high 300's? or Both?

Thanks?

yes you would. They are in the 390's

channel/channel #/transponder/satellite

cbsehd 390 9 D11 @99W 99C
CBSwHD 391 7 D11 @99W 99C
NBCeHD 392 12 D11 @99W 99C
NBCwHD 393 13 D11 @99W 99C
ABCeHD 396 1 D11 @99W 99C
ABCwHD 397 14 D11 @99W 99C
FOXeHD 398 8 D11 @99W 99C
FOXwHD 399 12 D11 @99W 99C

Note they say "99C" after the satellite. From the chart I have it shows the same (99C) under the national HD channels. Locals on spotbeams say "99S"

I moved to our other home in the midwest and never moved back. The funny thing.... Both markets use the same transponder frequencies for locals so I get the right locals at each home. Makes it easy to go back and forth. Don't have to vacation disconnect etc...

yes you would. They are in the 390's

channel/channel #/transponder/satellite

cbsehd 390 9 D11 @99W 99C
CBSwHD 391 7 D11 @99W 99C
NBCeHD 392 12 D11 @99W 99C
NBCwHD 393 13 D11 @99W 99C
ABCeHD 396 1 D11 @99W 99C
ABCwHD 397 14 D11 @99W 99C
FOXeHD 398 8 D11 @99W 99C
FOXwHD 399 12 D11 @99W 99C

Note they say "99C" after the satellite. From the chart I have it shows the same (99C) under the national HD channels. Locals on spotbeams say "99S"

Looks like they also come in on these channels on D11@99W:

CBSwHD - 2
NBCwHD - 4
ABCwHD - 7
FOXwHD - 11

Also looks like LA SD locals are on a spotbeam and not CONUS.

I'm hoping to toss a Phase 3 dish up I have and see what other markets I can get in the future from 119.

Just to clarify something: If I "move" to New York I will get the main locals (ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX). Can I then connect my receiver (via an AM21) to my OTA antenna and also get my actual locals as well? Would both be included in my guide? Thank you.

Do you have to call to change your service address?

Or can you do it all online?

Our HD locals just got pushed back a month, but DMA's 60 miles north and south both have them, so maybe I'll move until my market is finally launched.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts