Movers Connections or Local Installer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RAL686

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
Central Oregon
I am moving, but I haven't figured out weither to use D* Movers Connections or finding a local installer to install a new dish to my new place... I called D*, but didn't realize that they want some money up front to do the install. But you will be credited $10.00 a month for the next year... I don't mind paying that. Or should I just find a local installer that will do the install for me...

I just have two D10-200 receivers, one for the living room and one for the master bedroom... nothing special, but the new place is a rental that is already cabled for the local cable company... can they reroute the cables to the dish or do they have to install a new feed to the rooms....

What do you people recomend for such a simple job... So I hope...

Thanks

RAL686 said:
I am moving, but I haven't figured out weither to use D* Movers Connections or finding a local installer to install a new dish to my new place... I called D*, but didn't realize that they want some money up front to do the install. But you will be credited $10.00 a month for the next year... I don't mind paying that. Or should I just find a local installer that will do the install for me...

I just have two D10-200 receivers, one for the living room and one for the master bedroom... nothing special, but the new place is a rental that is already cabled for the local cable company... can they reroute the cables to the dish or do they have to install a new feed to the rooms....

What do you people recomend for such a simple job... So I hope...

Thanks
Do the mover's connect through DTV. I say that because you said your new location is a rental. If it is an apartment the install may not go in for any number of reasons (i.e., access on wrong side of building, landlord restrictions, trees or internal wiring may not be suitable for DTV use) and it will be easier to get an money paid up front back from DTV than from a local retailer. Just make sure you hav signed landlord permission before even setting the appointment up. Look around the area and see if anyone else has DTV and look which directions their dishes point. Look for the coax wires entering the house or apartment, count the number of wires and compare that to the number of outlets in the dewlling (this will help you and your installer determine if there are any splitters in the line(s)).

RAL686 said:
I called D*, but didn't realize that they want some money up front to do the install. But you will be credited $10.00 a month for the next year... I don't mind paying that.

I am in the process of doing the movers package and there was no charge for me. Install and the new dish didnt cost me anything. Is there a specific reason they are charging you?

If its a rental and you don't plan on being there long, then all you should be concerned about is the money you got invested in the installation and if the installation works after the installer leaves. Have Directv move the system!

If you where moving into an owned home, then I would consider making an investment and paying a little more to have a professional installer do a proper installation with all the extras such as wall fishes and telephone lines.

Directv will move you for free, just call and cancel your account. When they ask why your canceling tell them your moving and DISH Network is installing you for FREE in your new home

Not only will Directv then move you for FREE, but probably give you some free programming for a few months!

You don't have to "call and cancell" to get a free move... D*'s Movers Connection is free to all now.

The customer rep said that the $100.00 is for a deposit, and that i would be credited $10.00 a month on my account for 10 months.... I have moved already but have not ordered the D* move yet... so I am paying for it, but not able to watch it.... :(

Well, I called the movers connection again over there at D* on Saturday.. the rep took all my information and then that she needed to put me on hold.. so I waited for 2 or 3 minutes... when she came back on I was told that they need to call me back to schedule an apointment.. so i said ok and thought they call me back later in the day... well no call, no call all day Sunday.. so I called them at about 6:30pm pacific time... so I told this other rep that I am expecting a call for an apointment... and she had no idea that I was suppose to be called back, because there are no notes on my account screen... so I started all over explaining the new address and everything, and thats when she stated that she needs to collect $120.00 paid via a credit card... and that I will be credited $10.00 a month for 1 year (and to collect intrest with my money for that 1 year). So I told her why does it say that it a free service if you want money "UPFRONT" to install a new dish at my new home...

From the Directv web site:

Easily transfer DIRECTV® service to a new address. Tell us where and when you're moving, and we'll set up a replacement satellite dish and provide professional installation for everything, including your receivers, at no charge.

AT NO CHARGE. - Wheres the par that states that you have to pay them so they can pay you back in 12 easy installments on your account...

I even told them that I am going to cancel the accout, and switch to the other service, but that didnt impress her one bit... I guess I am going to unbolt the dish from my old location and install it here at my new home myself...... and if that doesnt work, I just cancel with them and have the other guys install a system... Hate to, but being a single dad with a small income, will have to settle with what ever I can get....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)