Movie City

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Has anyone ever seen Movie City on Intelsat 11 at 43.1 degrees w (c-band DVB0S2)? Are some of the movies in English?

Has anyone ever seen Movie City on Intelsat 11 at 43.1 degrees w (c-band DVB0S2)? Are some of the movies in English?

I watch Teletica from Costa Rica which is a local broadcast ch mostly in Spanish. I don't see Movie City in there. Two speed channels, a few sng, and Tvsa Int Latino has mostly Spanish drama. Where would Movie City be at ?

Jim

Lyngsat lists MovieCity and CineCanal as FreeTV on 3718-V-21600 (43.1*W), but I can't get a lock on that TP.

4040-H-30800 and several others come in very strong for me.

Has anybody else had any success with a lock/scan on that transponder?

I've tried with both, AZBox P-HD (on loop), and KBox-K2HD (running the G-Box) with no joy.
Mind you, neither have hardware blind scan. Perhaps I should dust off the old PanSat-2700A to use for scanning,
but first, I must swap out the sloppy actuator on the 10 footer, the wind is driving me nuts!

I'll pop back after I'm done.

Lyngsat lists MovieCity and CineCanal as FreeTV on 3718-V-21600 (43.1*W), but I can't get a lock on that TP.

4040-H-30800 and several others come in very strong for me.

Has anybody else had any success with a lock/scan on that transponder?

I manually keyed in that tp tonight, then rocked the dish a little, nothing there. I'm getting 10 tp's from that sat with good signals. Must be tp is gone, or coverage map incorrectly shows service to N. America. Too bad, sounded like a good find.

Jim

Is this bird circular or linear? I might try to pick it up even though it's 13 degree elevation from here.

Well, I've replaced the actuator, and still didn't pick up anything new with the PanSat doing a blind scan.

While working at the dish, I found play in the polar-axis shaft bushings. The old jack was only half of the problem! The whole dish has to come down to do an overhaul. Looks like I'll be cursing the wind 'til spring!

Hope somebody out there can find MovieCity, Good luck.

I'm getting it here. Yes, some movies are in english with spanish subtitles. Also, my wife is happy that she can see Teletica7 from her home country (Costa Rica). But, the look angle from here is about 13 degrees. I've included photos of the dish pointing at IS-11. Believe or not, I can see NSS806 from here also.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 189
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 168
Johnny,

That is a huge dish, looks great. Nice job at getting that sat. I am envious that you can get that TP. What LNB are you using. And I'll ask again, if you will, where are you located.

Johnny,

That is a huge dish, looks great. Nice job at getting that sat. I am envious that you can get that TP. What LNB are you using. And I'll ask again, if you will, where are you located.

I'm in western Nebraska. LNB is DMX741. I guess a big dish helps and it appears that I did a good job on alignment.

Well, I have both cine canal and movie city but the audio for movie city isn't right. The audio that I get for movie city is the audio for cine canal and I can't seem to change it.

Hi again,

Is that TP (3718-V-21600) a fairly weak one?, or are these the correct settings?

I too, am using a DMX741 (on a 10' mesh), perhaps I need to make some better adjustments to it.

I seem to have found a happy medium between C and Ku reception, but I might be able to tweak it a little bit more.

Cheers.

PS, The newer actuator is a big improvement to the system!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)