Movies on Cuban TV @ Hispasat 30w

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In any case , after blaming and blaming and judging and criticizing , if you still have the time then enjoy the almost uncut , 100% no comercial ads, fully credits ran, original languaje movie. Obviously SD NTSC mono audio only and for that will see who you will have to blame in the future and for how long, lol.

Nicely put, great summary, I mostly enjoy that they show the movies in their original language and commercial free.

Thanks for the pics, Larry, nice setup you have there. I never make fun of anything that works!

I do have that exact dish, that LNBF sure makes for a clean setup...I think Brian @ SatAv needs to have a closeout sale on that model, maybe 4 for the price of 2. ;)

Is that a hard or soft maple? Probably wouldn't make much difference if you had an ice storm like we did in Jan 07, your dishes might have gotten a little scuffed. :eek:
Phlatwound,
The maple is a silver maple and it is about 55 years old, I think it is hard maple. That sure looks like you had a bad ice storm in 2007. We had one in 2001 that was pretty bad and the power was out for about a week. Glad that I didn't have the dishes there then. That is one of the dangers of mounting the dishes on or near trees, plus all the bird poop and tree sap that gets on them. Have had a few limbs fall on them from thunder storms and near miss tornados, but no major damage so far.

I going to try mounting a different lnb on the Hughesnet(Direcway) dish because I am not satisfied with the results from the original lnb. Just got to decide what style to use and how to mount it.

Larry

hmm, Looks like it might be a bit too far east for me. I'm at 110w x 32n. 30w is 80 degrees which seems to be past the limit of my rotor. It is stamped up to 80 but manual says it's limit is 70 :( Dish is only 76cm anyway.

Wonder if it would be worth it/possible to build a bigger dish just for that one. Have an extra lnb

Vorg, unfortunately Hispasat is below the horizon from Tucson, AZ (110W, 32N) :( ...

And I forgot about the Rincon mountains also. Not very tall and I am on a hill, but if you look horizontal from our roof to the east you see them. :(

Check out some of the the movies showing this week on cubavision:

Tonight - Ironman II
Tuesday - Percy Jackson, The Haunting in Connecticut
Wednesday - The Time Traveler's Wife
Thursday - Picture Perfect
Friday - Sherlock Holmes
Saturday - Shutter Island, The red canvas, Up in the air,
Sunday - Shorts, Everybody s Fine

And all for free!

Check out some of the the movies showing this week on cubavision:

Tonight - Ironman II
Tuesday - Percy Jackson, The Haunting in Connecticut
Wednesday - The Time Traveler's Wife
Thursday - Picture Perfect
Friday - Sherlock Holmes
Saturday - Shutter Island, The red canvas, Up in the air,
Sunday - Shorts, Everybody s Fine

And all for free!

Yep, and no commercial cuts.!!!!

I wonder if those Cuban pirates evered hacked charlie for a program source??? ;)

I would like to see charlie try to go after Castro!!!... :D

To be accurate I would say for US Copyright Laws, it is my understanding that any other programming from any other country (House shows broadcasted by Canadian Global are US made) is acctually either bought or paid for or obtained as a gift. It is also my understanding that for the same reason the cuban Multivision is being scrambled with BISS due to distribution only in Cuba agreements among other broadcasters even with Discovery Channel.

I was surprised that last night movie was the new version , Superman Returns instead of Iron Man II as was scheduled (in Cuba not even the TV schedule is guarantee, lol) and on top of that the comentator seemed to me like someone who was a superfan of the Comics (and therefore very knowledgeable of the subject) rather that the typical academic movie expert that even uses a somehow kind of difficult and academic kind of movie language. This might also be a first in my opinion although I could be wrong. I had never seen before that movie show , Cuadro a Cuadro (Frame by Frame) , therefore no idea whether that is the usual commentator for the show. It also caught my attention that while sumarizing the history of US Comics since the first half of the 1900's (focusing on Marvel and DC Comics , the 2 major producers) the commentator refered to the US guys in the Comic industry during the recesion times as the yankees a term widely used on the street in Cuba by the population to refer to any american but not in a despective way (maybe because baseball is passion in Cuba and the New York Yankees are kind of a symbol of baseball). Well, yanquis is also used in political demonstrations with a different intention I guess. Maybe that frase and the way the comentator talked lead me to beleive it is just a comic superfan given the opportunity to comment about it like I said rather than the regular typical movie expert.

BTW, DJdish, last night movie was not subtitled in Cuba therefore before the movie and after the Restricted R warning , there was a disclaimer apologizing for any translation mistakes if any existed.

BTW, DJdish, last night movie was not subtitled in Cuba therefore before the movie and after the Restricted R warning , there was a disclaimer apologizing for any translation mistakes if any existed.

Thanks for the insight, I had the chance to watch just part of the guy in Cuadro a Cuadro, but not the movie (bummer) Hey thanks for sharing that, I will try to catch the next movie and I'll check what you say about the disclaimers. Looking forward to watch Shutter Island this weekend.

Shutter Island scheduled tonight on Cubavision (9 PM Central)

I've looked at the program guide from the Cubavision web site, translated into English, I don't see the titles of the movies in there. Just a confusing description of it, who is in it, director, etc.

Jim

I've looked at the program guide from the Cubavision web site, translated into English, I don't see the titles of the movies in there. Just a confusing description of it, who is in it, director, etc.
Jim

Please note the trick on the schedules, once you go into the channel you pick, the titles of the movies are in spanish, (i.e. not their original name in english)

This is tricky even when I speak spanish, so for example you will see the name of the movie is Distrito Protegido and you can see the name of Matt Damon and other actors, I will google on IMDB that title and the name of the actor find the link and see the original title of the movie in english.
They do not always perform a translation of the title to spanish but rather give it a different name...

Jim

For example Shutter Island title was translated and listed (see below) as "Isla Tenebrosa" .....it´s kind of tricky...nonetheless worth watching a recent movie in english and without any commercial cuts ;)

LA PELICULA DEL SABADO ISLA TENEBROSA
EU/SUSP/EST AÑO:2010 DIR: MARTIN SCORSESE INT: LEONARDO DICAPRIO, MARK RUFFALO, BEN KINGSLEY
Verano de 1954. Los agentes judiciales Teddy Daniels y Chuck Aule son destinados a una remota isla del puerto de Boston para investigar la desaparición de una peligrosa asesina recluida en el hospital psiquiátrico Ashecliffe, un centro penitenciario para criminales perturbados dirigido por el siniestro doctor John Cawley. Pronto descubrirán que el centro guarda muchos secretos, y que la isla esconde algo más peligroso que los pacientes.

For example Shutter Island title was translated and listed (see below) as "Isla Tenebrosa" .....it´s kind of tricky...nonetheless worth watching a recent movie in english and without any commercial cuts ;)

Thanks DJ, Now I have an idea where to look, maybe I can figure it out.

Jim

I think I would like to take a look at this..
You guys always find so many interesting things..

:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)