moving 722k dvr to another room

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gustavo Garibo

Original poster
Feb 3, 2015
n.c.
Hello i hope you can help me with this..im trying to move my dvr to my livingroom, we currently have it in my room but since i got a new tv i want to switch it to my livingroom so i can use it with hdmi cable.. i try just unplugging the coaxil cable that was attached to the dvr an move it to the living room by plugging the coaxial cable that was on the livingroom but i got no signal..i search more about it and find out that i also have to go out and find the box where the splitters are an switch them out but i want to know wich one do i switch...i got a Holland spliter that has 3 conections, 1 is for in/out thats where my dvr was connected.. vhf/uhf thats where my second tv was conected..and Sat where my dish antena was conected...any help with that?.

It sounds like the installer made a TV2 backfeed through a single cable. Always leave the separator (triplexer) on the receiver. You will need to rearrange the cables going to your living room (and "my room") such that the dish antenna cable is going to your living room triplexer and 722k. Maybe somebody can come up with a wiring diagram for you.

The satellite signals are currently only routed to your room where there is probably another gizmo that sends the modulated TV1 and TV2 signals back to the junction box.

What you describe as a Holland splitter may actually be a Holland diplexer which is an entirely different device

You need to confirm the true identity of the device (it should be printed on the label) before we can proceed. It also wouldn't hurt to know how many other TVs in the home (if any) are able to tune the modulated channels so we know what else is in play.

The satellite signals are currently only routed to your room where there is probably another gizmo that sends the modulated TV1 and TV2 signals back to the junction box.

What you describe as a Holland splitter may actually be a Holland diplexer which is an entirely different device

You need to confirm the true identity of the device (it should be printed on the label) before we can preed. It also wouldn't hurt to know how many other TVs in the home (if any) are able to tune the modulated channels so we know what else is in play.
I only have 2 tvs

Or "red" as the case may be. In any case, I think he needs to leave the diplexer where it is on his receiver, and find the other one to reverse.
From his description, he has a triplexer, which he needs to leave alone. Needs to find the diplexer and switch it there. To the OP, this may be easier to trace the cable all the way from the Dish, but if you have lines installed in your attic, that's likely where it is. Out of sight, out of mind.

a couple of photos would be helpfull if you can add them shing your cable connections and splitters

How many wires do you got coming out of the wall where the 722 is located now, where as how many wires are at the TV 2 location?

It may be as simple as reversing 2 of the wires on the Holland blue diplexer.
I got 1 wire coming
How many wires do you got coming out of the wall where the 722 is located now, where as how many wires are at the TV 2 location?

It may be as simple as reversing 2 of the wires on the Holland blue diplexer.
I only have 1 wire coming out of the wall where my dvr, that wire is plugged in on the diplexer where it says in/out.. and the other cable is in my livingroom coming from the wall to the diplexer and is plugged in where it says vhf/uhf... i already try to switch them, i put the one that is on in/out on the vhf/uhf and the one that was on vhf/uhf on in/out, took my dvr to the living room put everything back together but i didn't got no signal...

Or "red" as the case may be. In any case, I think he needs to leave the diplexer where it is on his receiver, and find the other one to reverse.
The onlycables i be moving around is the ones outside where the dish box is at, the ones on my receiver i haven't toch.

The onlycables i be moving around is the ones outside where the dish box is at, the ones on my receiver i haven't toch.
20150203_174627.jpg

The two cables that don't have the yellow band should be swapped. The cable with the yellow band is the satellite feed and needs to be left alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts