moving 722k dvr to another room

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Others have said, you'd swap the in/out (goes to where the receiver is) with the VHF/UHF (goes to where TV2 is) cables.

Also, to clarify, if you ask Dish to do this, it's not $160. Dish will ask you to pay a custom work charge of $50 plus a regular tech visit ($0/$10/$95). A regular tech visit without the protection plan is $95. If you have the protection plan, it's $10, although for the first tech visit, Dish will generally waive that first $10. So, with the protection plan, relocating the receiver will be $50 or $60.

Reactions: ChadT41
Given opportunity to potentially lower that to $50, I would say yes. At that point you are only lying $145 because you want to.

The satellite signals are currently only routed to your room where there is probably another gizmo that sends the modulated TV1 and TV2 signals back to the junction box.

What you describe as a Holland splitter may actually be a Holland diplexer which is an entirely different device

You need to confirm the true identity of the device (it should be printed on the label) before we can proceed. It also wouldn't hurt to know how many other TVs in the home (if any) are able to tune the modulated channels so we know what else is in play.
I realize this is a very old post but hoping you can help me. I would like to move my 722k to another room but the wiring is very confusing. I have both a diplexer and triplexer. Is there a way to move it?

Leave the triplexer on the 722 and move it. Move the diplexer OUTPUT from the cable going to the 722 in its old location to the cable going to the 722 in its new location.

Reactions: ChadT41
I realize this is a very old post but hoping you can help me. I would like to move my 722k to another room but the wiring is very confusing. I have both a diplexer and triplexer. Is there a way to move it?
Swap the In/Out and UHF/VHF cables on the Diplexer