moving: advice on multi plexers

well i am going to 3 different rooms with a crawl space. two of the rooms are pre wired including the one I plan to put the power unit in.

not gonna wall fish the last room because it is a rental. i am gonna run cat 6 from the computer room into the other 2 rooms through the crawl space

help!!!! i tried to install this today. i believe i hooked everything up correct. but on sat signal screen only about every 5th one is at 96 while the rest are at zero. what have i done wrong?

help!!!! i tried to install this today. i believe i hooked everything up correct. but on sat signal screen only about every 5th one is at 96 while the rest are at zero. what have i done wrong?
Sounds like either a bad connector somewhere, or the dish is out of alignment.

Did you install the dish yourself? Or if not, are you sure you didn't accidentally move the dish while replacing the LNB on it?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

i moved the dish from my old place on a level pole to the new level pole without bumping it at all. i will take some pictures of the screen in a min.
where can i upload pictures to so i can link to them on here

have i put the power plug deal (sorry i dont know the correct name of it) on the wrong wire? i was able to get the above results with a line going straight to the receiver from the lmb. should this happen? i dont have a sat finder so i mover the dish till the built in signal meter maxed out with the tone as i have always done in the past.

You can't move this dish from one pole to another without realigning it. It looks like you are missing the satellites completely. You only need to be a tiny fraction out in azimuth for this to happen. You can align the dish using the signal meters in the receivers but not the way you are doing it. There are videos on youtube explaining how to do it, but my guess is that you are going to have to call Directv and get them to do it. A service call is $100.
The '"power plug deal" is probably a power inserter for an SWM system. According to the picture you posted, you don't have an SWM dish so don't need a power inserter at all. Where did it come from?

Oh ...

I was about to recommend this YT alignment video here to the OP ...

But it's for a SWiM LNB which I thought the OP had or had ordered ...

BTW, pardon my ignorance, but what do I need to do to view these links?

On my Smartphone it just tells me "No app found to handle this action" when I tap on any of them.

Tried d/l'ing the imgur app ...

Still nothing, same message ....

i called a independent direct tv company and the sent an installer out "off the books" for a hundred bucks. he put up a new dish and put the concrete around the pole. worked on all three receivers. was here 2 hours. so glad i did it. got his phone number for any further work

Reactions: raoul5788
That was my thought too. Although there are dozens of satellites up there, and you might just have hit the edge of a set of signals.
Going back to my previous comment, I think people do not realize how small the satellites are, and how far away they are. 22000 miles!

Reactions: Atheist Peace
The only satellite you could get that would show up on Directv receivers is one of Directv's.

I'll bet the signal is going in and out and that's why you're seeing that even pattern of 0s. Go to the signal meters screen and pick one of the transponders showing non-zero and watch it for a while and I'll bet it flips between 0 and non zero. Which would most likely indicate a bad LNB.

The only satellite you could get that would show up on Directv receivers is one of Directv's.

I'll bet the signal is going in and out and that's why you're seeing that even pattern of 0s. Go to the signal meters screen and pick one of the transponders showing non-zero and watch it for a while and I'll bet it flips between 0 and non zero. Which would most likely indicate a bad LNB.
every thing is working fine now. nothing i ordered came in bad. he did replace the dish though. i am getting all 95s or 100s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts