Moving an HD receiver to a non-upgraded house??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jjfeo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2009
Indiana
OK. My Dad is too cheap to upgrade his equipment to HD and is just out of the reach to use rabbit ears to pick up the locals OTA. I believe that he has slimline dish on the his house. He is insisting on having a Super Bowl party, but won't upgrade. Will my HR21 work at his house? He gets the same locals that I do.

It should work fine. But you need to find out exactly what dish he has.

What receiver is he using now?

Does he have an HD TV? Otherwise, you wouldn't get me to a Superbowl party. :D

It should work fine. But you need to find out exactly what dish he has.

What receiver is he using now?

Does he have an HD TV? Otherwise, you wouldn't get me to a Superbowl party. :D

Yes he has 2 HDTV's. That is why I wanted to bring over my HR21, so everyone can watch it in HD. I'd be pretty upset to watch in SD...

He has three D10's (I think, I'll have to see the exact model number).

I don't know exactly what kind of dish. I know it is oval instead of round. I want to say that a CSR at D* said that he wouldn't need a new dish if he upgraded, but then another one said that he would need a new dish installed. I wanted to ask all of this before I took mine apart and went over there.....

Usually a customer that doesn't have HD service doesn't have a slimline dish.

If he only has DIRECTV SD service and SD boxes I doubt he has an HD dish(slimline).

Yes he has 2 HDTV's. That is why I wanted to bring over my HR21, so everyone can watch it in HD. I'd be pretty upset to watch in SD...

He has three D10's (I think, I'll have to see the exact model number).

I don't know exactly what kind of dish. I know it is oval instead of round. I want to say that a CSR at D* said that he wouldn't need a new dish if he upgraded, but then another one said that he would need a new dish installed. I wanted to ask all of this before I took mine apart and went over there.....

Check and see what sat your locals are on, there are still a few that are on the old 101 sat.
Most of the locals are on the 99 and 103, if yours are then you will need a Slimline set up.
If you have a spare, you could set one up at the house temp. if you have a tripod.

You've got quite awhile until the Super Bowl. In the meanwhile, why don't you just drag your HR21 over and plug it in. If you get your locals in HD, you'll be good...if not, you'll still have time to make the necessary upgrades. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts