Moving from Hopper to Tivo

When I log into my account on Tivo.com, it say activation was pending on the Roamio. Forcing connections seemed to make no difference.
If it says that online dont worry. It takes a day or so to reflect that online. I thought you meant the Roamio wasnt active yet (thats why I said force download)

Cool. Most stations are around 72, with a couple up at 74, so it sounds like I am getting a pretty good signal.
yup sounds like you're all set

Does your new unit have Amazon Prime Instant stream? That would be news, as it has been rumored to be part of the winter update.
Yes. I signed up for the update as soon as I got the unit. Took about a day for the update to show up, and then a couple hours after that, the new apps were there.

Hmm, it hasn't been pushed to my machine yet, Not sure how to force it.
I'm new to TiVo, just signed up this week actually. Found a thread on another forum that gave a link to a TiVo website where you give them your serial number and you get the update in the first batch. Search TiVo priority update and I bet it comes up.

I'm new to TiVo, just signed up this week actually. Found a thread on another forum that gave a link to a TiVo website where you give them your serial number and you get the update in the first batch. Search TiVo priority update and I bet it comes up.

Thanks. I went onto the TIVO site a few hours ago and found this.

After spending a little time with the Roamio, I will say that I found the Hopper to be a bit easier to use. The Roamio's interface requires many more button clicks to accomplish something. The Hopper's use of contextual menus really makes things easier to do. That said, I do like the responsiveness of the Roamio (and Mini), and the ability to get to all of my streaming apps from my DVR instead of having to switch to another device.

There are a lot of shortcuts you can learn to go through the menus faster on TiVo. For example if you have a show selected pressing "clear" deletes it, "clear" on a folder deletes the whole folder. Pressing the TiVo button 2x takes you to shows.

I remembered the Tivo-Tivo going to show list, Tivo-1 going to Season Passes, and Tivo-2 going to To Do list, but forgot about the clear for delete. Thanks!

My Mini and the old FiOS Actiontec router I purchased from ebay for $17 showed up today. It was very easy to setup and get the Mini working over MoCa.

I got my replacement Mini on Thursday. It is working great, but I have to wait for the new firmware with Amazon Prime streaming app again. I am using ethernet, and it seems to work fine.

Yeah I have to wait as well. I was hoping since the TiVo was updated the Mini would be able to get it as well but no dice.

Did you add the Mini to the priority access list? I got the new update tonight, but the actual app doesn't show up until a couple of hours later.

No not yet, after I got the Mini working I put it back in its box. Still need to run a LAN drop behind my main TV. Hoping to do that Tuesday. This weekend was too busy.

Hopper is unplugged and Roamio + Mini is installed. The Roamio has lost its network connection a few times. I'm using a MoCa adapter that Could be suspect. First check is the Ethernet cable though, it may be a bad cable since it was in a pile of cables I haven't used in ages. Also the Roku I have hooked up to the same adapter is working fine. Switched out the cable an hour ago as well as moved to DHCP reservation in the router. So far so good.

TiVo is running another sale. $50 off the OTA model ($149) and $100 off minis w/lifetime. They also have the cable versions on sale for $100 off.

TiVo is running another sale. $50 off the OTA model ($149) and $100 off minis w/lifetime. They also have the cable versions on sale for $100 off.

I think you meant to say $50 off the Base model. The OTA is $50 already. Still $150 for the Base is a good deal. The Mini sale is the same price they've been running for a while though.

One thing I miss from the Hopper is knowing whether a show has been watched already or not. Hopper would give you the start over message or something like that, TiVo just says play. Not a huge deal but it would be a nice feature. (unless I'm missing it)

One thing I miss from the Hopper is knowing whether a show has been watched already or not. Hopper would give you the start over message or something like that, TiVo just says play. Not a huge deal but it would be a nice feature. (unless I'm missing it)

The TiVo will resume playing from where you left off. Also in myshows if you have the option turned on you can view all the partially viewed shows and it shows you how much you have watched of each show (bar graph).

Now one thing that the TiVo will do is if you are within the last few minutes of a show and stop the playback it considers it completely watched and the next time you go back in it will go back to the beginning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts