Moving... not sure about locals in Rochester, MN

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cjpopp

Original poster
Sep 11, 2005
I currently have a 3x LNB directv dish and 2 tivo directv units (one is 2 years old, the other is 7 months old) and live in Madison, WI.

Last June, we got local channels. Before then, I was stuck without network feeds on the directv due to non-waiver status. Needless to say, I hate video tape machines now I got tivo.

My wife and I are looking at moving to Rochester, MN due to her getting a job with Mayo.

I did some research via DirecTV eligibility webpage and saw that there's no locals via DirecTV and all but the NBC affil and Fox affil are Grade B. Those two are Grade A. There's no address I could use because we don't have a place in Rochester yet and wont be moving for 1 - 2 months. I used 100 Main Street as the address (all cities have a main street, right?)

So. Here's my questions:

a) How can I find when locals will be available in that market?

b) How can I get NY/LA network feeds until they are avail?

c) is there any way to get those feeds if I get turned down for waivers?

d) Will DirecTV be offering/is offering HD network feeds if you can't get locals? I ask because I'd like to get an HDTV in the next 6 motnhs and get a HD DVR for DirecTV.

Thanks for putting up with a newbie!

Chris
9412 - The Rock Station

a) No announced dates
b) Since you have a grade b signal at least you will need wavers.
c) talk to the engineers at the station and try to get them to sign wavers there is no other way unless you find an address with NO broadcast signals.
d) no (not without the wavers)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts