moving receiver between towns

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trick

Original poster
Apr 7, 2014
northern michigan
when I move my direct receiver from gaylord,mi down state to mt clemens,mi I lose channels 7 to 33 ( locals ) , everything else works great , thoughts ? , thx

Locals are delivered through spotbeams pointed at specific cities. If you move the receiver away from the spotbeam, you will lose all the locals.

Call directv and have them change your service address. Your locals should be restored. Also make sure locals are available in your area.

:welcome to Satelliteguys trick!

Moving your receiver between two cities is technically against the terms of service, but if you aren't using both locations simultaneously, it's not a big deal. If this is a permanent move, then do as DIRECT suggests, but if it's temporary, then you may be out of luck.
Your local hd channels are on the 99s satellite transponder 17. Check your signal levels for them and tell us what they are.

Only NY and LA locals are delivered on CONUS (across the country). So short of "moving" there and getting those locals which would work in both locations you will have to call directv and adjust your service location each time you move.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)