Moving satellite dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

zachary.walker

Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
Texas
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and was hoping for some assistance with a question of mine, any help is greatly appreciated.

About a year ago an installer came out from DirecTV to setup our new service, and had mounted it on a railing on our deck, for almost a year it was not an issue with our apartment complex. (we live in an apartment complex.)

At any rate now we are being forced to actually remove it off the railing for whatever reason. Now I have removed it off of the railing and made sure we were capable of getting signal from it just standing on the patio, which is possible or it seems so.

However I am having some issues finding the right tripod in order to mount the satellite, is it possible for someone to put me in the right direction in order to find the correct tripod, as well as a mount. The current pole that was used to mount the satellite is I do believe 5' tall and is 2" across.

I know most likely I am missing a bit of information in order for someone to assist me, so if you could let me know what information is not here please let me know.

Thanks,
Zachary

You may want to consider using a 5 gallon bucket filled with concrete and a metal post in the middle, like you would use for a chain link fence. Should be able to get everything at a home improvement center and it costs less than a tripod.

I would avoid the bucket route. It works, but can be problematic in bad weather. High winds can wreck havoc with them. You should look for either a tripod or a non penetrating mount. Look on the solid signal website for tripods designed to use with Slimline dishes. A non penetrating mount is normally used on a roof, but is also a good solution on a porch if you have the room.

I would avoid the bucket route. It works, but can be problematic in bad weather. High winds can wreck havoc with them. You should look for either a tripod or a non penetrating mount. Look on the solid signal website for tripods designed to use with Slimline dishes. A non penetrating mount is normally used on a roof, but is also a good solution on a porch if you have the room.

News to me.. Used the bucket route for many of my customers who have this porch/deck problem.. Never have I had any issues that should cause a problem.

News to me.. Used the bucket route for many of my customers who have this porch/deck problem.. Never have I had any issues that should cause a problem.

I'm glad to hear that. If the bucket is all that you can fit, then go ahead and use it. The larger based non penetrating roof mount or a tripod are much more stable, that's all I am saying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)