DVR Networked?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mark0525

Mark0525

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 11, 2010
Ohio
How do I know if I'm connected through my network cable? The tech when he installed the system didn't really check anything. I went through the setup and I believe it's connected. How can I be sure other than ordering a movie? I can see my receiver and playlist on my laptop. THat should be a good sign, right?

P

pepperRI

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 6, 2007
Yes I'd say that's a good sign. But you can go to MENU then parental favs setup and setup and then network and there's a test connection in there. Also you can see the status which should show the IP number etc. for your receiver on your network.

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
I would also suggest assigning IPs on your network as opposed to all of them being dynamically assigned. This will stop IP collisions and connection issues.

Mark0525

Mark0525

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 11, 2010
Ohio
I would also suggest assigning IPs on your network as opposed to all of them being dynamically assigned. This will stop IP collisions and connection issues.

What do I need to do that?

T

This1

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 27, 2009
Florida
I am not sure what ip collisions are There are collisions on half duplex think as commucation
Half duplex one way road
Full duplex two way road
What can happen is a ip conflict meaning both receivers get the same ip address.
So instead of using DHCP use Static ip address which might be a good if you have alot of devices on your network.

Status
Please reply by conversation.