DVR Networked?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark0525

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
Ohio
How do I know if I'm connected through my network cable? The tech when he installed the system didn't really check anything. I went through the setup and I believe it's connected. How can I be sure other than ordering a movie? I can see my receiver and playlist on my laptop. THat should be a good sign, right?

Yes I'd say that's a good sign. But you can go to MENU then parental favs setup and setup and then network and there's a test connection in there. Also you can see the status which should show the IP number etc. for your receiver on your network.

I would also suggest assigning IPs on your network as opposed to all of them being dynamically assigned. This will stop IP collisions and connection issues.

I am not sure what ip collisions are There are collisions on half duplex think as commucation
Half duplex one way road
Full duplex two way road
What can happen is a ip conflict meaning both receivers get the same ip address.
So instead of using DHCP use Static ip address which might be a good if you have alot of devices on your network.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)