moving to Direct because of Dish lying

l-t-wheelock@charter.net

Original poster
Nov 28, 2006
Nope not naive.. 57 years old and understand all company's ,politicians ,etc lie..
I understand that I am losing my distant stations with dish and can't get them in my area with Direct..
I have been a Dish person for 12 years... and the lies they tell.. I have a file over the years where I have caught them in lies.. and that don't count the phone calls that of course I can't document....I think I might have stayed this long just for the entertainment value of catching them... even got some discounts a few years ago from "a misunderstanding"...lol.
but now thier latest lie... CONCERNING the distant network deal..I have called them several times on this..(I have to have a second dish to get my local networks).. and as of one hour ago (from this writing) they are still lying and will tell you that this ruling affects "cable company's, Dish network and Direct TV"... trying to keep my business.. well if they wanted to keep it...just be straight with me.. I cannot trust them anymore..

there i vented with out cussin.. I am really p..p..p mad

dish..1-888-253-5644... for a lyng experience

When I called and said I was moving to Direct because of DNS they told me that I wouldn't be able to get DNS from Direct if I switched......which is of course a lie.

So I have to agree with you. They must have the "this affects everyone" lie built right into their CSR scripts. Very disturbing........

I had a totally different experience. Had gotten an email response from the CSR at dish that was incorrect and called to clarify.

Was actually very surprised. The person on the phone advised me that I would be losing DNS. When I told him I use an RV 80% of the time- he went out of his way to say how sorry he was for this situation and advised me that there was a chance I could get them with Direct.
Been a customer for 10+ years.
I decided to hang in there with them, mainly because they have treated me well over the years and because they were honest with me on the phone.

Do you mean the waivers that were not supposed to be issued in the first place?

My waivers are 100% LEGAL and will be re-issued when I make the change to Direct. We are not all criminals as the opposition on this board seems to think. Some of us actually don't live in an area where we can receive OTA channels and rightfully received DNS via Dish.

Do you mean the waivers that were not supposed to be issued in the first place?

waivers are issued by the stations in your area giving up their exclusivity right for your eyes...so those are legal and DIrecTV should be able to accept them. The customer will have to reapply to get them but they are good.

If one has to reapply then one really doesn't have a waiver to begin with. There is no guarantee that the station will grant you a waiver again. Possibly due to change in management, station policy or the station manager is having a bad day and giving you a bad day just made his a little better. If one truly had a waiver, one should be able to take that waiver to what ever service provider there is, present it and voilà' - you've got DNS.

This is correct if you have a legal waiver now, you might not (and probably wont) get a waiver if you went to directv.

Getting waviers use to be easy, but not anymore.

Do they still allow CBS-HD if you're in an O&O market like I am, or is that also going away on Friday?

Depending on where you live DirecTV can be flexible with the DNS. I think DirecTV cheats as well but no where on the scale that Dish did.

Now I worked as a CSR for 3 months and quit last week I will say some things in there defense. CSRs are given limited information and told to follow the script or risk being fired. calla are monitered by AT&T and local representives to find out who reads the scripts and who skips the scripts

The biggest lie we were told when adding a Dish Network customer to AT&T status was to refer the customer to Dish Network AFTER instalation and account activation if they wanted NFL Sunday ticket.

They didnt like it when I said I would not lie for AT&T and tell a prospective customer that Dish doesnt have NFL Sunday ticket.

But AT&T's policy is get the sale. Glad I never had one person interested in upgrading to dish because if you sign up for AT&T/Dish you have to call AT&T for everything after that including repairs. . . .

In short dont bundle with the devil (AT&T) they give you great prices for a year then jack stuff up if you dont agree to rerate your DSL.

Go with Dish Directly dont deal with AT&T

Well 1st you might try E-mailing them on the issue! This way you can have some kind of paper trail to refer to things at a later time. E-mail them and they should setup you up for free to get your DNS which was explained to everyone in the situation on the last Tech Chat.

Ok got to be fair....
Thanks Poke...big help..;)

Not happy about everything but going to Direct would not change that....
Still think Dish needs to be more honest with customers...
BUT...
I am Still With Dish...and no plans to change..

Once you see what you're dealing with at D*, you may feel like you've punished yourself by switching.

waivers are issued by the stations in your area giving up their exclusivity right for your eyes...so those are legal and DIrecTV should be able to accept them. The customer will have to reapply to get them but they are good.

And therein lies the BS. I turned in waivers 10 or so years ago. Dish now shows I can receive an A signal on NBC, a B signal on CBS, and qualify for Distants on ABC. Now, unless someone comes along and rearranges the Cascade foothills I can't get squat with an antenna. But apparently the burden of proof is on me, not the locals. And it was next to impossible to get waivers 10 years ago.

Yeah several of my friends that were long term Direct customers were glad they made the switch to Dish. They all tell me that they wish they did it sooner. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts