MRV and Internet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

discreet29483

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 18, 2007
Summerville, SC
New subscriber to D* here. Installation done 2 days ago. The tech told me that Internet connection on my HR24 and H24 boxes is not possible because I have MRV. Is this true or is there a work around. I know the internet connection gives me access to On Demand so is it a matter of choosing which is more important to me now, MRV or On Demand?

Call Direct and tell them your tech did not install the Internet connection kit. Cost is $25. You should not be charged a service charge.

On a side note. It has been noted on this forum that Direct will be offering a DOD through the sat. To receiver later this Summer. It will offer all titles that DOD has but a Internet connection is not required.

I hope you're right, but all of the titles that are available on demand sounds impossible. There just isn't that much bandwidth.

What the tech told me was that DECA which provides the MRV and hooking up to my home internet network are not compatible....is this true?

Yes. if you hook your receiver via ethernet to your router, it will disable MRV. That is why you need to call Direct back and let them install the Internet connection kit.

If the tech told you it would disable MRV, why didn't he recommend the Internet connection kit?

Your tech was right. He just didn't know how to solve your issue.

So is it possible to have both MRV and an Internet connection with the connection kit installed? You've sort of lost me. Does the kit provide both MRV and Internet connection for OnDemand?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts