MRV doesn't stay connected

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No I do not. This is a new system I have only one HR24 and one H24. I have assigned static IP's to both receivers. I am just curious how this helps since the MRV shouldn't ever go though the router. You don't even need a router to have MRV.

No I do not. This is a new system I have only one HR24 and one H24. I have assigned static IP's to both receivers. I am just curious how this helps since the MRV shouldn't ever go though the router. You don't even need a router to have MRV.

The theory, as I understand it, was that the DHCP server was complicating matters for some routers and/or ISPs. The only connection I see to the MRV function is that there is a requirement to be in the same net mask and have a common gateway. I suspect it's for DRM/copyright concerns to monitor the network so closely. That's why you may have been seeing the pop-up stating [device friendly name] was removed from the network.

Eventually, someone figured out a working solution. Not everyone has the issue with DHCP IP addresses. Most will agree that static IPs, port forwarding and an alternate DNS server will be yield faster downloads and give a more reliable connection as well.

The HR24s seem to initiate the network services on their own since I manually configured the STB/audio services ports and port forwarded all the ports I mentioned. A menu restart will get the network services running w/o my intervention or extra steps. My previous HR22-100s would not do this; I had to initiate the connection test manually as an additional step.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)