Mrv in apt. seeing neighbor's dvr content

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kcm16

Original poster
Sep 18, 2010
Colorado
I just moved to an apt building which is not a MDU. There is one directv satellite on the roof that feeds the building. I just had the MRV service installed, and the broadband DECA for ondemand. Everything works great except that I can watch and delete other tenants dvr content. I assume that they can do the same with my dvr. I have tow H-21's and an HR-22-100. The installer said that the only way to fix this problem would be to mount another dish on the roof for my unit, or to change the building to MDU. I am renting and am not interested in attending HOA meetings to move towards the MDU solution. The tech support at directv had not heard of this issue, and I have yet to find anything on the internet to help me. Any other solutions? SHould this be happening? Thanks in advance.

I just moved to an apt building which is not a MDU. There is one directv satellite on the roof that feeds the building. I just had the MRV service installed, and the broadband DECA for ondemand. Everything works great except that I can watch and delete other tenants dvr content. I assume that they can do the same with my dvr. I have tow H-21's and an HR-22-100. The installer said that the only way to fix this problem would be to mount another dish on the roof for my unit, or to change the building to MDU. I am renting and am not interested in attending HOA meetings to move towards the MDU solution. The tech support at directv had not heard of this issue, and I have yet to find anything on the internet to help me. Any other solutions? SHould this be happening? Thanks in advance.

One of these placed at the input of your splitter should resolve the problem: DIRECTV Band Stop Filter (BSFR01) - DIRECTV - BSFR01 -

Any neighbor wishing to protect their content from view or deletion can do the same.

If you have content that you don't want deleted you can set your DVR to not allow remote deletion until you get the band stop filter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)