MRV works, then quits after a couple of days

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CFilkins

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 5, 2003
I've been using MRV for a while through CE, but my receivers pulled the NR a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't had a chance to stay up late enough to pull the new CE builds :(

I have a pair of HR22's, connected via wired gigabit. With the CE firmware, I never had a problem once I got the boxes to see each other. However, since this NR firmware, the MRV will work for a couple of days, and then one of the boxes will randomly stop seeing the other one. The only way I've found to restore the service is to RBR, which gets a bit annoying.

Has anyone else had stability issues with the NR MRV firmware?

Chris

I am on CE, and occasionally lose a connect which a reset fixes. Very rare these days, more common in the early days of MRV on CE downloads. I would download tonights CE and see what happens.

That happened quite a bit to me for a while but not much this past week. When a DVR does drop out it comes back by itself.

my first guess would be that you are not using DHCP with static/ assigned IP addresses for your devices ?

my first guess would be that you are not using DHCP with static/ assigned IP addresses for your devices ?

Can you explain further?

Last night I finally hooked up my R-22 to my wireless network. I have a Belkin Super G Mimo Router and ASUS 4-1 router/wireless access point(WL330-GE) which is set to Wireless. It goes from the Asus to the R22 via Ethernet cable. My HR22 is a direct Ethernet wire to my Belkin router.

When I went to my HR22 it did list all the programs on MY R22 than when I clicked to play it said the R22 was no longer connected. It now says no DVR are in the MRV Network.

I know the R22 see the Network via the Internet as OnDemand loaded up and will download. Running a test connection only comes back with failed on the Phoneline as I don't have it plugged in.

Any suggestions?

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts