MS blames PC makers for disappointing Win8 sales

Its plain and simple. Win8 OS/Phones suck Microsoft.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

MS was thinking it would be the next Apple and would have win8 on a ton of premium machines. Instead they built cheap laptops, what else is new.

One of the better laptops I have used Win8 on is the Macbook pro 15 retina...

Simply put windows 8 on a business level laptop sucks. We are using win7 and XP on all of our business laptops and will continue to do so for as long as possible. The only way we would consider upgrading to windows 8 is if they restored the classic desktop.

wel I think that the PC Makers do deserve SOME of the blame do do the retialers. At Windows 7 launch they were out there with a plehora of choices and it was hard to find Vista at that point. this time there were PCs with each and sales staff did nots eem to know which machines had which OS or which windows 8 machines were touch enabled. It really was nota good rollout.

It's mind boggling that one of the largest companies in the world is being run on self delusion. They push the worst OS in history on the public and then blame the hardware. Amazing.

It's mind boggling that one of the largest companies in the world is being run on self delusion. They push the worst OS in history on the public and then blame the hardware. Amazing.

Worst OS in history? How so?

Nothing wrong with the OS Win8 one of the best they had since Win7 so main problem is that some of the hardware vendors were slow to get some of their products out on the shelf. By this summer and by end of the year more hardware should be out there last I saw laptops,PCs, were hitting the shelf but one of the big demands were tablets and there is a delay on getting those out. Which hurts some since Win8 really more touch than Win7 so more folks are wanting tablets some will go with touch laptops but the tablets are the big thing right now with so many choices.

The main problem with Win8 is that they changed the interface without a good reason. Yes MS wanted a splashy tablet OS, but most desktop users do not see the need to change the UI just because it makes it the same as on a tablet.

I have to agree with mike123abc.

I am not against changing the way things work. However, such changes should come with a benefit for the user. It appears to me that the changes that MS made to the Win8 UI were solely to help MS make inroads to tablets and phones. The tiles drive me crazy. Even though MS said that only a very small percentage of people use the start menu, that is almost exclusively how I start programs.

I have to admit that the only time I ever used Win8 was when I installed one of the consumer preview versions. I used it for about thirty minutes and gave up. For me to even consider using it it would have to include the start menu, boot directly to the desktop, and only show the tiles if I intentionally run a tile-based program. I think for myself, I am finished with windows. I still have to use it at work. My family still uses it, but they are moving to tablets and ChromeOS.

OK, maybe not the worst. But there certainly seems to be a lot of self delusion, and hubris, at MS.

I guess I just don't get it. You can easily do desktop mode and be back where you were, with the benefit of a faster OS. You can even add the start menu with a minimum effort.

Or you can swap to metro and get the tiles. With a superior touch interface.

It seems to me to be the best of both worlds. Yet some seem to focus just on the touch interface as if that is all there is.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

I've only seen it twice, once on a smartphone. The Yuck! factor is still with me.

It is just the smugness that you have to go buy a third party utility to get back the start button and boot to desktop...

Ship with them disabled by default, but allow one to go into the control panel and turn it back on if desired would have been the best solution. That way all those that care so much can have it the Win7 way, but most buyers will not bother to change it back. And over time more and more just leave it as it came. MS could have won the hearts and minds of users instead of just slapping them in the face. No one would have complained about the change since they could turn it off if desired.

I've only seen it twice, once on a smartphone. The Yuck! factor is still with me.

Really? out of the three (IOS, android, and WP), taking usefulness and fluidity out of it, just going on looks, I think WP is probably the most elegant looking.

No accounting for taste eh?

Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

Got an offer for windows 8 for $39.99 d/load or $69.99 for disc.That is pretty cheap for MS software.Tells me sales must be pretty slow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts