MSG HD Blacked out and it is my locall RSN! SD works?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

george99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
ALl of a sudden, they blacked out MSG in HD when the Rangers games started just now. SD is still working. MSG is my local RSN. No reason it should be blacked out.
Any idea whats going on?

Sounds like a mistake. It may well come back on soon.
Edit: MSG is also one of my rsns. I'm not getting the game either. It says to call and when prompted say extension 721

Last edited:
Thanks,
Good to know its nothing on my end. I am on hold already 10 minutes with them waiting for someone to pickup. Maybe they have a lot of Ranger fans calling and complaining right now?

Unreal, someone answered, she asked me how i was doing. I said fine, thank you, how about you? She replied with her whole life story from this past weekend, telling me what she did, a wedding, etc....
Still waiting for an answer about MSG!

Well, after waiting and waiting for the CSR (who isn't very sharp), the answer was because the Rangers didn't sell out tonight and this is how they are encouraging people to go to the Garden tonight.
I highly doubt this is the reason.

I got some knucklehead at Directv. After checking he said it was on their end, not mine. Really? How about that!

Edit: It's back at 8:14PM.

I guess they sold all the tickets! She actually told me to go to the game. This was after the 1st period already ended.

First time ever I have had to deal with totally clueless people at DirecTV. Apparently the Sunday night crew is not too sharp.

First time ever I have had to deal with totally clueless people at DirecTV. Apparently the Sunday night crew is not too sharp.
I was thinking the same thing. The CSR's accent sounded like outsourcing overseas. This would explain the cluelessness not to mentiopn the fact that she asked me what team I was trying to watch, and when I told her the New York Rangers, she asked me to spell it. Then she came back with something like "Are you trying to watch the National Hockey League Philadelphia Flyers against The New York Rangers?". I said, it isn't the Flyers, it's the Buffalo Sabres.
Anyway, as long as its back now, I am happy.

AND... it was only you guys in NYC area, because here in Buffalo I got to watch the whole game ... course we LOST, but still... hehehe

AND... it was only you guys in NYC area, because here in Buffalo I got to watch the whole game ... course we LOST, but still... hehehe

You had the hd feed the whole game?

No, the rsns are on CONUS beams. It must have been something else.

There are two MSG channels, MSG and MSG+. The game was on MSG. It's the same one everywhere.

There are two MSG channels, MSG and MSG+. The game was on MSG. It's the same one everywhere.

actually there is 2 feeds of MSG
The MSG version for Buffalo is on 638 (SD) and 638-1 (HD). Its only for the Sabres games and that region. So cparker would have been blacked out on 634 (MSG) from the Rangers feed but not on 638-1 which is the Sabres feed. Conversely you would have the opposite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)