SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Not sure whom to thank?

Bettman?
Dolans?..Doubt it
Direc tv?
Some worker who mistakenly thought it was a light switch?

Whoever thurned the HD switch back on thank you!!!

I can finally watch my pathetic Ny Rangers in glorious HD!

Its about time...But better late than never.

Even though my team is horrendous...Its awesome to watch in HD!

Worth every pennie.

Directv

We worked it out with MSG to bring back HD!

cough cough something dish is still way off on .

Versus and msg in HD what else could you ask for

Well there a reason why one provider is the sports leader and the other is the leader with movie channels no one watches.

And refuses to be blackmailed, as a consumer, to pay for out of market sports channels that we won't and often can't receive.:D

Well there a reason why one provider is the sports leader and the other is the leader with movie channels no one watches.

Ain't it the truth :) Sports are my "bottom line" (borrowed with permission of Stonecold :) )

I understand some that prefer Dish or other providers for non-sports programming but for me, it's DTV.

I don't like not having WGN HD :D ,but it's coming.

Stone, and/or anyone, did the MSG HD return have something to do with what was posted on the other forum recently, something about MSG not being wholly-owned by the Dolan's or Cablevisoin? I may not have read that post correctly over there recently.

How influential was the NHL/Bettman, if any, with the HD feed returns?

Ain't it the truth :) Sports are my "bottom line" (borrowed with permission of Stonecold :) )

I understand some that prefer Dish or other providers for non-sports programming but for me, it's DTV.

I don't like not having WGN HD :D ,but it's coming.

Stone, and/or anyone, did the MSG HD return have something to do with what was posted on the other forum recently, something about MSG not being wholly-owned by the Dolan's or Cablevisoin? I may not have read that post correctly over there recently.

How influential was the NHL/Bettman, if any, with the HD feed returns?

The office rumors have it as such, we ( directv ) came down on bettleman and and our constant pressure of on Cablevision but a large part of it was from hat we heart was this was going to be a contract breaker for us on CI if MSG did not start sharting it HD feed again . As there was no reason to block it other then greed.

Just about every other provider has WGN America HD, Dish Network, Comcast and AT&T U-verse! Oh and what about AMC HD, E! HD, AMC HD and MSNBC HD?

The office rumors have it as such, we ( directv ) came down on bettleman and and our constant pressure of on Cablevision but a large part of it was from hat we heart was this was going to be a contract breaker for us on CI if MSG did not start sharting it HD feed again . As there was no reason to block it other then greed.

Thanks for the info! There's nothing like some "pressure" to bring about a resolution to a stand-off :)

Stonecold said:
Hate to say it but I think this go around the big push is going to be on Premium channels mainly HBO / Cinemax filling in the gaps to catch up with Dish on premium number count.

That's good news for those that watch a lot of the premuims. I watch some of them but I'd prefer some of the other channels in HD as mentioned here.

I've often wondered about all of those DTV PPV channels. I guess there has to be a market for those channels, otherwise they wouldn't be there. I think I've watched 3 PPV movies since '99 on DTV.

You have to Obama christ for that one. that is beyond our control...

If he wont answer you calls try Al Franken's office he hates comcast.

Seems like I rememer a certain recently-elected high-ranking official mentioning that he would like to see a Div 1A college football playoff system. Still waiting for that one.... :)

One thing's certain, CI looks great with those MSG HD feeds back!

i want wgn america hd for baseball(but i don't care for either team that play on that station)

and thats the bottom line because stone cold said so

I would have to admit, if it wasn't for sports, particularly MLB Net and EI, I would probably currently pick Dish over Direct.

Hate to say it but I think this go around the big push is going to be on Premium channels mainly HBO / Cinemax filling in the gaps to catch up with Dish on premium number count.

Are you saying this initial push, or the whole HD addition for this satellite ?
I am quite sure that D* will add more channels than just the ones that have been mentioned in the last few weeks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)