Msghd?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am beginning to think that Directv just paid Cablevision for the rights to use the MSG HD logo not the channel.

Just trying to get more people to sign up for service with NBA and NHL fans thinking they would get this channel.

Seeing something in print is one thing, seeing it broadcast is another.

Last edited:
i got a flyer in the mail to me stating the hd channels are here. It lists MSG HD as a currently available channel.

Who knows, maybe the rights are not effective until the Liberty/Newscorp deal is approved?

I personally think that is the key. Liberty owns STARZ/Encore and Liberty (John Malone) could pull these channels from CV at renewal. I have kept CV just for MSG/FSNY in HD. I noticed when I ran a scan on my TV of all the available Analog and Digital unscrabled channels I came across a channel with a screen that read "We are sorry that we are unable to provide the Starz/Encore" channels at this time. We are currently in negotiations and hope to restore these channels as soon as possible. Please sample the other available Movie Channels on IO" When I get home from work I will post the channel # and exact wording.

That won't happen anytime soon because there is no feed for the satellite companies to use. According to the Sabres, HSBC Arena is wired in directly via fiber lines with Time Warner cable and nothing is being uplinked via satellite at this time.

That won't happen anytime soon because there is no feed for the satellite companies to use. According to the Sabres, HSBC Arena is wired in directly via fiber lines with Time Warner cable and nothing is being uplinked via satellite at this time.

any news on them carrying the msg hd alt ch 627 for the sabres games in hd?

I believe that the Sabres MSG HD home feed is the same situation with MSG HD and FSN NY HD, they are cable exculsives (Cablevision).

Time Warner has an exculsive for the Sabres home games in HD and they are being shown cable on only.

I don't think that we will see the Sabres HD home games on Directv anytime soon.

From what I hear there are some Time Warner systems in the Buffalo area that don't even get the HD games. Just the Buffalo system.

yeah i know it is a twc buffalo exclusive. 30 miles west of buffalo in city of batavia and surronding towns they are out of twc rochester. They do not get the sabres in hd and it is the same in syracuse and so on

The Buffalo and Buffalo suburban systems get them. Rochester and the rest of the systems are out of luck.

yeah i know it is a twc buffalo exclusive. 30 miles west of buffalo in city of batavia and surronding towns they are out of twc rochester. They do not get the sabres in hd and it is the same in syracuse and so on

I think that this is a huge mistake for the Sabres.

The HD games should be on Directv and other Buffalo area systems Time Warner systems.

Maybe being this is the first year for Sabres HD broadcasts they were not prepared well enough.

I personally think that is the key. Liberty owns STARZ/Encore and Liberty (John Malone) could pull these channels from CV at renewal. I have kept CV just for MSG/FSNY in HD. I noticed when I ran a scan on my TV of all the available Analog and Digital unscrabled channels I came across a channel with a screen that read "We are sorry that we are unable to provide the Starz/Encore" channels at this time. We are currently in negotiations and hope to restore these channels as soon as possible. Please sample the other available Movie Channels on IO" When I get home from work I will post the channel # and exact wording.

The slide is now gone. It was there for over a month. Hopefully that means CV and Liberty came to an agreement that includes MSGHD and FSNYHD on D*. All I know is I want to get rid of Cablevision for good.

The slide was on one of Cablevision's unscambled digitial channels that I found when I did a scan of the available channels of my TV. It stated that Starz/Encore was taken off Cablevision while they were in negotiations with Liberty, who owns Starz/Encore and who will own D* as soon as the deal is finalized. You will note the Starz/Encore channels were never taken off and I assume the slide was prepared in preparation of negotiations falling apart. The channel was available for over a month. Unfortunately Cablevision has since taken it down.

sco-

any chance D* may have some halloween treats for us NY'ers tomorrow instead of the trick that they pulled on us last week?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts