MT PBS switch to S2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I get the new Montana but still no LPBS or OETA. I used the same parameters as their website but the Azbox do not care if pilot is 0 or 1 it will lock it anyways. It does not seem to be a strong signal anyways. motorised 6 footer , toronto. They say they are using CC in the ATSC format , I assume the EIA-708 format , but still the Azbox does not show any captions at all on Montana, at least via HDMI. I guess the PBS X HD signals on 103W? use the EIA 608 format as they say and eventhough they are also SDI or digital stll no captions on the Azbox via HDMI. My bell sat receiver displays perfectly well captions either on the sat channels or the OTA ATSC tuner via HDMI. so in can not be an HDMI limitation. It most be a firmware issue with the Azbox.

No luck here locking 12105V ,

Azbox elite with motorized 1.2m gets LPB and OETA but no joy for MT PBS

Another channel bites the dust.

So much for "Saddle Up with Dennis Brouse" :mad:

I rarely missed the Saturday night Britcoms on MPBS, till now that is.

I'm willing to buy a new receiver and maybe even a larger ku dish for the 125 W HD offerings. Sounds like the lower priced sathawk might not work. I guess I might have to pony up for an Azbox at twice the cost. This is significant because I need to buy two of them.

Quality levels for the S2 transponders on my Prof 7500
and 90cm fotertec right now:

12072 - 85Q
12105 - 75Q
12112 - 53Q

and for comparison

12140 - 100Q
12180 - 100Q

Sounds like the lower priced sathawk might not work. I guess I might have to pony up for an Azbox at twice the cost. This is significant because I need to buy two of them.

I scanned in Montana first on my Sathawk PVR800 yesterday but it was
on my 76cm dish and lost the signal later but the Sathawk works on that
new transponder.

No luck here locking 12105V ,

Azbox elite with motorized 1.2m gets LPB and OETA but no joy for MT PBS
Same here! :(But my DVB world 2104D (looped out from AZBox Elite) locks and display video & audio without problems?:(:confused:

Ok that's just too weird. Cadulfide mentioned it works on an azbox.
Perhaps it's a firmware issue?? I using 0.9.4293. Maybe it doesn't like the .5 frequency LOL.

Same here! :(But my DVB world 2104D (looped out from AZBox Elite) locks and display video & audio without problems?:(:confused:

Checked this mourning and montana is still operating DVB-s2 on 12105/v/2398!The sathawk/solomend/openbox will pick this up.I think its a signal issue!Lower signal than the other s2 signals on this satellite.On my 6 footer i get it but breaks up alot so mostly unwatchable.

I think its a signal issue!Lower signal than the other s2 signals on this satellite.On my 6 footer i get it but breaks up alot so mostly unwatchable.

Well, I guess that explains my problem. I'm using a 31 inch dish. If you can't get it on a 6 footer, I guess there's no hope of me getting it on a small dish.

Checked this mourning and montana is still operating DVB-s2 on 12105/v/2398!The sathawk/solomend/openbox will pick this up.I think its a signal issue!Lower signal than the other s2 signals on this satellite.On my 6 footer i get it but breaks up alot so mostly unwatchable.

Oh no............ :(

Ok, that's it. I want a 12' ku dish. Seriously. I want to watch TV from Pandora. :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)