MT PBS switch to S2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I also got it to for a couple of hours this afternoon (just watchable) and then the rain clouds moved in, all the DVB S2 signals on that sat are gone again.
I'm going to have to get a bigger dish.

The good and bad of Montana.....

The Good: I got it to scan in on my CS-8000 with a healthy signal!

The Bad: No video, and tuning to this channel causes a continuous rebooting cycle! :eek:
I thought it needed a power switch hard reset. Nope. Continuous rebooting. I got it to stay on, by quickly changing channels while it was booted up. If I go back to Montana PBS the whole cycle starts over again. All the other channels still play fine.
So, CS-8000 owners beware. I'm just glad it didn't F#*&% up my receiver! :mad:

The Good: I got it to scan in on my CS-8000 with a healthy signal!

The Bad: No video, and tuning to this channel causes a continuous rebooting cycle! :eek:
I thought it needed a power switch hard reset. Nope. Continuous rebooting. I got it to stay on, by quickly changing channels while it was booted up. If I go back to Montana PBS the whole cycle starts over again. All the other channels still play fine.
So, CS-8000 owners beware. I'm just glad it didn't F#*&% up my receiver! :mad:

I couldn't get it yesterday with the CS8000, but today it scanned just fine, and plays beautifully. I'm using the "hacker" firmware 12060 F, in both CS8000's .
:)

I couldn't get it yesterday with the CS8000, but today it scanned just fine, and plays beautifully. I'm using the "hacker" firmware 12060 F, in both CS8000's .
:)

Getting all the S2 channels today with the CS8000, using the last factory firmware, with a P*84E as the dish. But what a beautiful clear sky we have tonight. I'm sure Lousiana will frequently go away at night, because one of their channels is a bit iffy at times right now. But Montana and Oklahoma are positively booming.

Guess I can send in my yearly check to Bozeman after all.

I MUST have my MPBS britcoms on Saturday night. It's tradition around my house. So I just ordered a Sathawk from Sadoun. Should be here next week.:D

Having NASA TV in high definition for next months shuttle launch will be a BIG bonus too.

I MUST have my MPBS britcoms on Saturday night. It's tradition around my house. So I just ordered a Sathawk from Sadoun. Should be here next week.:D

Having NASA TV in high definition for next months shuttle launch will be a BIG bonus too.

Hope you enjoy your new receiver. What size dish you have? I hate to have to report it, but I did lose Montana PBS later last night, in fact only the Oklahoma channels stayed solid through bedtime. BUT, I haven't tweaked my dish specifically for Montana yet. Oklahoma isn't too shabby...

Last night (around 11:30 pm EST) my Montana PBS started acting like the signal was dropping (picture and sound dropping out and freezing), but when I checked the signal meter it was holding steady at 84 strength and 99 quality on my CS8000. Today it is running smoothly. Did anyone else experience anything like this?

Last night (around 11:30 pm EST) my Montana PBS started acting like the signal was dropping (picture and sound dropping out and freezing), but when I checked the signal meter it was holding steady at 84 strength and 99 quality on my CS8000. Today it is running smoothly. Did anyone else experience anything like this?

Yes, I get that too, at random.

The other s2 PBS channels do that on occasion too, it's bad enough to prevent me from wanting to record shows on those channels. Those are "watch only" channels for me. :(

Hope you enjoy your new receiver. What size dish you have? I hate to have to report it, but I did lose Montana PBS later last night, in fact only the Oklahoma channels stayed solid through bedtime. BUT, I haven't tweaked my dish specifically for Montana yet. Oklahoma isn't too shabby...

I have a 90cm Ku dish. If thats not big enough I'm going to buy a 1.2m dish from the good folks at SatAV and be done with it.

I hope these signal dropouts are temporary. Maybe MPBS is going through a period of growing pains. Whatever the case, I'm committed to getting as many of the PBS stations on 125W to supplement my OTA TV channels.

I got my receiver earlier this week. Mine is the Openbox S9 HD PVR. So far so good with Montana PBS on my 90 cm dish. Everything else comes in nicely except for LPB. I get a lock but the picture is a bit choppy at at times. I may be able to get a bit more out of my dish with a bit of tweaking. I'll try to get up on the roof this weekend. For now though my Saturday night Britcoms on Montana PBS are a go once again.:up As an added bonus OETA and LPB have their own lineup of Britcoms. I'm a very happy camper. :)

I gave up on Montana PBS. The signal bounces from the high of 72 to nothing then back again. It's been doing that since they switched. All other channels are fine....S2 or otherwise. Blind

I gave up on Montana PBS. The signal bounces from the high of 72 to nothing then back again. It's been doing that since they switched. All other channels are fine....S2 or otherwise. Blind

Do you find that the signal on the LPB transponder (12072 H 16666) has lower signal than the rest?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)