Much music?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
I was wondering if directv was going to bring back much music out of Canada I like in the late 90's. Is their any rules that can't broadcast down here in the states?

Dan Rose

That MuchMusic was MuchMusic USA. It got bought out by Rainbow and eventually changed to the present day Fuse. They could not offer MuchMusic from Canada due to copyright issues, etc...

and alot of the crap on there is stuff on MTV and stuff here in the states

I do miss MuchLoud and MuchMusicRetro when I had a Canadian system

Blackloz said:
Nothing Beats Much More Retro. All Retro videos all the time commercial free.

I wish they would replace VH1 Classic with that since they don't play videos all the time except for those 80s videos A-Z marathons and add MuchLoud since MTVX, which I never saw, was replaced with MTV Jams

You are NEVER going to see any Canadian cable networks on DirecTV, Dish Network, Fios, UVerse, etc... An American cable operator will NEVER add Canadian channels. There are various copyright rules that would be violated, not to mention that the CRTC would probably balk at an American provider even thinking about trying to offer Canadian content. What you would want to look at doing, if you are interested in Canadian TV, is to see about getting a "grey market" Shaw Direct system. You can find out more about it at this website, www.global-cm.net, scroll down the page and click on the link that says "Canadian Solution."

I like watching Erica Ehm back in the day on Much. Last time I looked, Much was all rap garbage.

KMSG 59 Fresno used to carry Much back in 85-90. They would show it on late Friday and Saturday nights, plus some holidays like Thanksgiving and New Years.

I've always thought it would be nice if D* would pick up at least the closest CBC affiliate in the northern DMAs--Comcast has the Vancouver one, in HD, across the entire Seattle DMA. I'm on the south end of the Seattle DMA--and getting CBUT, as well as KVOS (MeTV--which if you've never seen it is like how TV Land used to be before they screwed it up) and NWCN was one of the nice things I realized I picked up when I had to go back to cable (although I lost Smithsonian which does truly suck since History has went to garbage). I noticed E* has picked up KVOS and NWCN, but I don't think CBC is going to happen until D* works out NWCN and other US based news channels (so far it hasn't happened--maybe they got out of it in their latest negotiations with Belo?).

The problem with CTV, Global etc. is that they carry a LOT of American programming (Global basically looks like Canadian Fox). CBC is mostly news/purely Canadian shows, although CBUT does run Jeopardy at the same time as KOMO.

I'm still adjusting to Comcast's thoroughly screwed up channel numbers (they've basically thrown everything together between 100 and 750 with no rhyme or reason, with HD in the 6 and 700's) -- but with the latest Tivo Premiere update the other day it's quite tolerable (at least for 2 years if I can't talk them down from doubling my bill then).

As for MUCH, I definitely liked it better than MTV--but as previously mentioned it was just a "licensed name" like a lot of the Canadian channels with US names are, and it was just a matter of time for when they would screw it up.
--Nat

Bell doesn't carry MuchLoud or MuchMore Retro as they removed them in Sept. 2007. Shaw Direct doesn't have them either

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)