GEOSATpro Multi LNB Switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pi314

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
WI
I have added a universal LNB single output to an old 18 inch Direct TV dish on the roof for 83w (RTV, Tuff TV). After finding the optimal focal point, I can get 45 on signal quality and it works fine with the microHD.

My stationary 90cm dish with universal LNB single output is on 125w with signal quality at 75 and also works well with the microHD. I can only view one satellite at a time, as I have to disconnect and then connect LNB cables to the receiver.

The next step is to combine the two LNB’s to the GeoSat microHD. What kind of switch will be necessary to complete this function? Satellite AV has an “ECODA 2X1 22Khz switch”. The description seems to fit what I will need.

Also, how to inform the microHD what is happening? I understand how to select 83w and 125w from the satellite list and LNB LO will be Universal9750-10600, but will the 22K remain in auto by default?

Thanks!

Pi314

since you are using Universal LNB's a 22k switch wont work. You need a 2x1 or 4x1 diseqc switch
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-DMS-DiS...730?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d3b6d6d82

Reason is the Universal LNB's already have a 22k switch built in (to switch between low and high bands). The Diseqc will work fine

setup is under Diseqc 1.0 you change to port 1 or port 2 depending on hookup
(also make sure to unplug receiver before adding switch to not blow anything)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)