Multi-room 622 set-up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chwtom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2007
I am about to get a 622 for my house. I would like to have the setup as follows:
1. Family room: Connect 622 to plasma tv using component cables, in the TV1 feed.
2. Master Bedroom: Connect LCD tv directly to same 622 using a long HDMI cable run through the basement under the floor, also into TV1
3. Other room: connect tube TV to TV2 on 622 box using RF remote.

My question is how best to control the master bedroom TV. I realize I won't be able to watch different programs in the family room and master bedroom at the same time, but that's ok with me, we don't do that anyways. I'm just not sure what the best remote control setup is so that I can change channels and access the DVR content from the master bedroom.
I heard I can get a remote control extender, but I wasn't sure if there was an easier or better setup. Also, one of the remote control extenders I saw said it was safe to use with plasmas, which made me wonder if they all weren't.

I know I could just get another box for the master bedroom, but I don't want to do that. I won't go into the reasons, it doesn't really matter.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

2. Master Bedroom: Connect LCD tv directly to same 622 using a long HDMI cable run through the basement under the floor, also into TV1

Not sure about the remote question, there are several remote extenders that should work, probably an RC one would be best depending on distance.

How long of a HDMI cable run are you planning? While you can buy longer lengths, the maximum recommend run is 50 feet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)