Multi-room in an Apartment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lefty00

Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
I'm considering getting DirecTV in my apartment. I'm most probably going to do a self install and use the pole-in-a-bucket solution to mount it on my patio. I understand that the cable is run into the apartment with a flat adapter that runs between the sliding glass door. This would run one cable to the main reciever easily as it is right next to the sliding door.

The question I have, is if I go with a 2-3 room system, what is the best way to hook up the other 2 rooms? I don't really want a bunch of coax laying on my floor between rooms. Also, if I was to get a professional installer to install it what is the method they would use in an apartment to connect the other 2 rooms?

Is there anyone here that has done this kind of install and could tell me how?

Lefty00 said:
I'm considering getting DirecTV in my apartment. I'm most probably going to do a self install and use the pole-in-a-bucket solution to mount it on my patio. I understand that the cable is run into the apartment with a flat adapter that runs between the sliding glass door. This would run one cable to the main reciever easily as it is right next to the sliding door.

The question I have, is if I go with a 2-3 room system, what is the best way to hook up the other 2 rooms? I don't really want a bunch of coax laying on my floor between rooms. Also, if I was to get a professional installer to install it what is the method they would use in an apartment to connect the other 2 rooms?

Is there anyone here that has done this kind of install and could tell me how?
Easiest/quickest/cheapest way that you (or what an installer would do) is tack it along the floorboard and just drill through walls. Apartment communitites probably don't like this, but it is what gets done. Another option would be to go wireless or use the existing catv wiring if it's wired correctly to permit the signal to get distributed.

Just remember if you damage the apartment it will come out of your deposit. Also many apartment complexes today have restrictions on mounting satellites including requiring that you carry insurance to protect the complex. Check first for the complexes rules.

Its aginst the FCC rulling to require insurance for apartment installs. Screw all the land lords and Districts, Zoneing and tree huggers.. I want to watch Satellite TV!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)