Multi sats and leasing vs owning Ques?

Twineg

Mar 18, 2006
SoCal ,Santa Clarita
Hi im new to this forum . I had a couple questions about upgrading my dish. What satalites will i need to be recieving to get HD in Southern California . And what are some advantages of having multiple sats 4 or 3 and which ones can i recieve . Im sorry so many questions I dont know what direction to go on upgrading my dish 500 . what is best for me superdish and which sat or dish 1000? or dish 500 and another 18in dish? And what is the advantage or disadvantage to leasing or owning the equipment?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

:welcome to SatelliteGuys.com.

Here's my Opinion but im sure others will disagree. :D

For HD on the west coast the recommended satellite is 129. As you have a D500, therefore you could take the 1000 or the additional dish for 129.
There are some here that have been ok with the D1000 others not.
The consensus i have picked up is have an extra dish installed as it gives you more flexibility and some reported better signal strength.
However, my wife will have a Major fit if we put a second dish up, so i am using the d1000 for now.
Note: It is possible to see 61.5 from the west coast, but may not be possible in your location However an extra dish gives you flexibility if you want to try this, a d1000 will not.

With regard to lease vs buy. I think you have to look at how much you value owning the equipment and feel your investment will be a good one long term.
There are some differences also in ongoing costs. if you lease you have to pay a lease amount each month. if you own you don't, but it costs more upfront to get in. Also on a lease you generally sign up for a commitment period, reducing your ability to go to another satellite or cable provider. - I dont have an issue with this as "i recognise the grass is always greener....." but there are always pitfalls.
I personally have always owned as lease wasn't an option when i joined dish. However i cant justify the significant investment in equipment that the 622 requires. So for me the 299 is about what i think is reasonable.
You basically have to make the same decisions as you do for leasing a car, if you hate leasing cars then you may not want to lease your equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)